This position supports the work of the YMCA of Southern Arizona, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening communities. The Health & Wellbeing Operations Director will supervise leadership and oversee Health & Wellbeing programs (Group Fitness, Personal Training, Specialty Classes) for the association. They will be responsible for the operations of the Lighthouse City/YMCA (small facility within the association) including supervision of a membership supervisor. The Health & Wellbeing Operations Director will have a strong ability to create genuine connections with our staff, members, partners, and community. Through intentional interactions this position will model and ensure that staff show excellent customer service by having extensive knowledge in membership, program areas and services, as well as facilities, ultimately, contributing to the overall success of the branch, program areas and organization.
- Free YMCA membership for employee, one additional adult and all the employee's dependents under age 24, living in the household
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan (once eligible)
- Medical Insurance and 100% Employer funded dental and vision insurance (employee only - dependents can be added at employee's expense)
- 100% Employer funded long-term disability and life insurance after 90 days of employment
- Seven (7) paid holidays and three (3) paid personal days per year
- Vacation time accrued after 90 days of employment - accrual amount based on years of service
- 50% off most YMCA of Southern Arizona programs and 25% off specialty programs
- Supervises, directs, and trains H&W leaders and H&W staff across association to showcase excellent customer service to provide a welcoming environment for all staff, members, and guests by following customer service best practices. This includes (but is not limited to) adhering to the “ten foot rule” and maintaining eye contact.
- Leads branch operations to ensure staff from all departments engage YMCA members, program participants, and guests through different forms of media including in-person and over the phone.
- Trains staff to take a personalized approach when engaging with current and prospective members that creates a positive experience to meet their individual goals. This includes (but is not limited to) introductions to appropriate YMCA program areas and services.
- Effectively listens and communicates to manage and understand member concerns and successfully takes actions to resolve each unique situation. Will address any unusual and unresolved situations to ensure the best interest of all parties involved.
- Supervises, recruits, hires, trains, develops, evaluates, schedules, and directs personnel and volunteers as needed for assigned areas.
- Assists in the marketing and distribution of membership and program information.
- Develops, manages, and controls the budget to ensure fiscal responsibility for the branch that aligns with the strategic plan and branch operations.
- Develops, implements systems and measurements that gauge program impact, satisfaction, quality trends, financial stability, and growth potential.
- Identifies strategic collaborative partnerships that congruently align with the YMCA’s strategic priorities as needed.
- Provides leadership for annual support campaigns and committees.
- Effectively engages with diverse groups of people with different abilities and backgrounds.
- Possesses the ability to respond appropriately to emergency situations while adhering to the safety policies and procedures set by the YMCA of Southern Arizona.
- Is adept at utilizing the current operating software system to maximize an individual’s experience through membership sales, program registrations, and other software functions. Includes the ability to train other staff.
- Directs and initiates appropriate actions to maintain cleanliness and organization throughout the facility.
- Receives and documents payments to ensure a balanced end-of-shift report.
- Ensures reconciliation of end-of-shifts and daily deposits are completed.
- Adheres to all YMCA of Southern Arizona policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
*This is not an exhaustive list of job duties. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned.
Cause-Driven Leadership Competencies
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.