Oversees assigned areas of the YMCA of Metropolitan Los Angeles Social Emotional Wellbeing Initiative.
The Social Emotional Well-being Initiative is the Y's dedication to its staff and community of their social, emotional, physical, financial, and mental health. This leader will be responsible for various activities that include creating a cohort-training model for all staff and public community members, developing and facilitating workshops, improving quality of program, strengthening social networks and partnerships; expanding community resources; managing university social work interns and service learning students; creating or updating trauma-informed curriculum, linking to other Y programs and programs not offered by the Y, and more.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.https://ymcala.workbrightats.com/jobs/901213-75820.html
- Bachelor's degree in Social work. Masters in Social work (preferred but flexible)
- Minimum of two (2) plus years of experience in program management/operations, or upper administration experience in mental health or related non-profit arena.
- Knowledge and demonstrated competence in implementing best practices in community development, family engagement, volunteer and staff development, community resources; strong written and oral communication skills
- CPR, First Aid (must attain within 90 days of hire), Valid Driver's license
WORK ENVIRONMENT/MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- You must have the physical, visual and auditory ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to travel to multiple locations.
- Bilingual preferred
PROGRAM OPERATIONS/MEMBER ENGAGEMENT
- Develop, implement and strategically commit to creating a Social Emotional Wellbeing curriculum and training model that impacts all staff members and community members
- Develop and implement trauma informed curriculum
- Achieve workshop enrollment goals, including providing leadership to the overall program experience
- Develop and direct university partnerships that will create trauma informed programs, internally and externally for the LA Y, through internship opportunities
- Provide leadership for the LA Y Social Emotional Well-being Task Force and LA Y Ad Hoc Committee in creating trauma informed curriculum
- Provide leadership to the development and delivery of community-based programs in accordance with established standards and and guidelines.
- Develop and direct high-quality engagement strategies and programs which support the Association mission, goals and strategies. May direct marketing and communication efforts
- Provide workshops, events, and individual support regarding issues that impact our community
STAFF ENGAGEMENT & DEVELOPMENT
- Support professional development through trainings, technical support and providing resources.
- Maintain ongoing communication between programs and community members in areas that the Y serves.
- Provide leadership to Program Directors regarding managing programs and facilities in order to meet operating plans.
- Provide extensive training to YMCA staff and volunteers.
- Keep abreast of local resources available within the communities we currently serve.
- Lead a community needs assessment to better determine the needs of our communities.
- Assist the Chief People Officer in planning for meetings of the Association and assist in the preparation of reports of the meetings to the funder.
- Represent and promote the YMCA in the local community and develop positive working relationships with other organizations, businesses and governmental entities.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with community agencies in service delivery area.
- Build a strong relationship with the community by evaluating the scope and quality of the programs the branch currently offers, community needs and other providers. Document attributes of primary target market for each program, design and operate programs based on target market.
- Plan, design and implement promotion plans with measurable
- Attend staff meetings and trainings as required.
- Uphold YMCA policies for safety, supervision, mandated reporting and risk
- Demonstrate the Six Pillars of Character (Trustworthiness, Citizenship, Respect, Responsibility, Caring, Fairness) as well as the YMCA Core Values of Caring, Respect, Honesty and Responsibility in all dealings with members, guests, volunteers and fellow staff.
- Demonstrate competencies in and willingness to develop in the Cause-Driven Leadership areas of Mission Advancement, Collaboration, Operational Effectiveness and Personal
- All other duties as assigned by your supervisor.