Director, Early Education
Associate Vice President of Education
YMCA of Greater St. Petersburg
YMCA of the North
· Bachelor's degree in education/teaching, human services, social services, recreation, business or equivalent.
· DHS Director qualifications.
· YMCA Team Leader or Multi-Team Leader certification preferred.
· Four or more years of program management experience, preferably in a YMCA or other nonprofit agency.
· Ability to direct programs through supervision of volunteers and staff, development and monitoring of budgets, marketing and public relations, program development and fundraising.
· Prefer knowledge of, and previous experience with, diverse populations.
· Proven track record of developing authentic and deepened relationships with others.
· Ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community organizations.
· Additional trainings as required by the position.
· BLS/BFA/02 certification within first 30 days of employment.
1. Manages, directs and coordinates the child care programs for assigned location. Ensures high quality programs and establishes new program activities. Expands program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
2. Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
3. Develops, manages and controls budgets related to the position. Ensures program operates within budget and that program fees are collected. Supports and budgets for healthy eating through coaching, mentoring, and monitoring menu quality.
4. Assures compliance with federal, state and local regulations as they relate to program areas. Ensures that YMCA program standards are met and safety procedures followed.
5. Provides for upkeep of assigned program facilities and equipment and ensures the physical environment supports healthy living.
6. Develops and maintains relationships with state child care licensing agency, school administration, parent groups and other organizations and agencies related to assigned programs. Responds to all agency, parent and community inquiries and complaints in a timely manner.
7. Provides staff leadership for annual fund raising campaign and committees as assigned.
8. Maintains proper records/department files, required by Minnesota Department of Human Services- Division of licensing.
9. Organizes special events for parents. Assists in YMCA fund raising activities.
10. Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information.
11. Compiles program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in program.
12.Assume other duties, responsibilities and projects identified as needed by the employee and approved and/or assigned by supervisor.
· Communication & Influence
· Program & Project Management
· Developing Self & Others
· Emotional Maturity
Bachelor's degree in education/teaching, human services, social services, recreation, business or equivalent.
· DHS Director qualifications.