The YMCA of Metropolitan Milwaukee is seeking a driven professional who is career focused and is interested in advancing within the YMCA.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. It’s who we are, who we aspire to be and how we show up every day. We are cause driven. We don’t just show up, we show up with purpose. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you
Under the direction of the Membership Director, the Assistant Membership Director will intentionally focus on building and fostering a culture of member engagement through outstanding, personalized service to members. Moreover, the Assistant Membership Director will be responsible for the overall activities of the membership department by providing direct supervision to the team members on all aspects of meeting successful membership and branch goals.
This position prefers a college degree and 2 years of supervisory experience, and/or demonstrated experience in successfully leading a team, preferably in a membership setting. Minimum of 3-5 years of customer service experience required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Demonstrated success in leading work teams while producing quality results within tight timeframes, simultaneously managing several projects and facilitating productive group meetings.
- Role Model member service behaviors; tactfully resolving conflict, handling confidential information, etc.
- Proficient knowledge level of the organization's member and program business systems, including Daxko Operations and Daxko Engage.
- Highly organized and accurate; able to hold others accountable for same level of skill.
- Possess effective and professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Effectively employ a coaching/counseling approach with formal and informal sessions.
- Skilled in working with Microsoft Office Suite programs is preferred.
- First Responder training completed within 30 days of hire
- Supervise and support the Branch Membership Team responsible for the branch's membership operations that meet the established outcomes of successful member engagement, sales goals and relationship building.
- Supervise and support the Branch Child Watch Coordinator that is responsible for the Child Watch department, including staffing, programming, and member engagement of families within the Child Watch program area.
- Serve as a leader to coordinate the Branch’s operational functions that impact members; including serving on Branch Leadership team, First Responder, and Cause Driven Leader on Duty shifts.
- Demonstrate consistent excellence in sales presentations, closing techniques, telephone and in-person service, and prospective member engagement.
- Manage prospects utilizing Cause Driven Tours, through leads, inside and offsite presentations, walk-ups, no joins, phone inquiries, referrals, guest passes, terminations, and prospects from campaigns.
- Assist in the planning and execution of special events and services such as health fairs, open houses, media events, membership drives and the Annual campaign.
- Collaborate with Branch Executive, Membership Director, other membership team members, Program Leaders and Branch staff to ensure consistent excellence in service through daily care of members, program participants and volunteers.
- Provide direction, leadership, support, and timely feedback to membership team through strategic planning, process evaluation, improvement, and performance management.
- Develop, meet and exceed monthly/annual Membership goals.
- Provide direction in member integration discipline including behavior modification by staff in all service lines, interviewing, training, deployment & ongoing education.
- Role model collaborative leadership behaviors between all Branch areas; hold others accountable and work to rectify issues.
- Communicate with members, staff, and leadership concerning invoices, collections, refunds, write-offs, and registration/membership status, both verbally and through written correspondence.
- Serve as a knowledge expert on membership policies, procedures, and customer management systems.
- Responsible for other duties and projects as assigned by the Membership Director and Branch Executive.
- Be committed to the YMCA of Metropolitan Milwaukee’s Child Abuse/Neglect Prevention efforts as a mandatory reporter
Responsible for direct supervision, including hiring and training, of Member Service Attendant, Member Service Representative and Senior Member Service Representative to respond to a wide variety of needs from members, participants, volunteers and staff. Support Child Watch and Building Supervisor team in absence of Membership Director and or Branch Executive.