Advanced Director of Aquatics
Willow Grove YMCA
Sussex County Branch YMCA
YMCA of Sandusky County
The Aquatics Supervisor provides direction for Aquatics programming and supervision for the Aquatics team at a location. The incumbent may be individually responsible or assists the Aquatics Director in meeting established participation and revenue goals for the designated location. The incumbent hires, trains and supervises staff.
This position reports to the Aquatics Director or Senior Director of Aquatics depending on location. The incumbent interacts with other location and Association staff.
· Minimum of 6 months experience working as a lifeguard or swim instructor.
· Experience working in a lead role giving work direction to others.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills
· Good organizational skills
· Proficient computer skills to include Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
· Certifications required within 45 days of hire: BLS, First Aid, Emergency Oxygen Administration, YMCA Swim Lesson Instructor Training, nationally accredited lifeguard certification (may not teach/guard until certifications are complete)
· Complete Deck Manager training prior to working on deck
· Ability to manage and deliver programs to a diverse population
· Direct supervisory experience
· Current Lifeguard Instructor Certification.
· Must be able to remain alert with no lapses of consciousness in a warm environment with air temperatures of 80 degrees or higher.
· Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods.
· Ability to perceive, identify and respond to signs of distress.
· Ability to recognize and react calmly and effectively in hazardous/dangerous situations.
· Observe all areas of the pool with clear vision.
· Be able to perform strenuous physical tasks necessary for a water rescue, including swimming quickly, supporting adult body weight while swimming as far as 50 feet, and removing adult body weight from the pool.
· Communicate verbally, including projecting voice across distance in normal and loud situations.
· Ability to concentrate for long periods of time.
· Ability to travel locally to visit location sites, attend meetings and training.
Provides daily direction and supervision for the Aquatics team.
· Performs administrative Aquatic duties for specified programs up to 10 hours per week (25%) including assessing staff technical abilities, evaluating program results, and identifying areas for improvement to achieve desired goals and objectives.
· Recruits, hires, on boards, trains and supervises staff.
· Ensures a high level of customer service, which enhances the member, program participant and guest experience and satisfaction.
· Ensures the quality, cleanliness and maintenance of the Aquatics program areas.
· Delivers Aquatics programs directly to members and participants at least 20 hours (50%) of the work week.
· Ensures 100% continual compliance with the YUSA Aquatic Safety Plan for the Aquatics department.
· Serves as a member of the location and association aquatics management team performing specific duties, which support the overall success of location operations.