Under the guidance of the Executive Director, the Camp Director administers the policies and programs of YMCA Camp Chandler including Summer Camp, Group Camping, Adventure Guides and Princesses, Outdoor Education, and Special Events.
Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Recreation or a related field. High and Low Ropes Course experience required. Must have food service and food safety experience. General aquatic knowledge is required. 5 years camping experience preferred. Daxko experience preferred.
Know-How: In order to administer and discharge the program responsibilities in accordance with the policies and objectives established by the Camp Board of the Directors, the incumbent must have attained a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Recreation or a related field. He/she must be able to directly supervise a part-time summer staff of up to fifty people. The daily operation of camp requires the following skills: good inter-personal skills, First-Aid/CPR certifications, prior camping experience, and knowledge of computers including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Experience with website and social media preferred. The incumbent must have the ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social & economic aspects of the community. He/she must have a valid driver’s license, be able to drive a van and truck, and be insurable. He/she must also be able to represent the values of the YMCA of Greater Montgomery in a positive manner.
- Oversee operation and maintenance of camp
- Supervise full-time camp staff and recruit, employ, train, and supervise part-time staff and volunteers
- Recruit, hire, supervise, and train summer camp staff.
- Oversee the Leader-in-Training (LIT) Program and the S.W.A.T. Program
- Direct promotional and marketing efforts for groups, campers, program, and events
- Oversee Specialty Camps, Special Events, and Seasonal Camps
- Attend YMCA Prayer Breakfast and monthly Camp Board meetings in addition to Metro YMCA functions
- Supervise Group Camping including budget, marketing, retention, evaluation, billing, scheduling, and customer service. Directly responsible for large groups and week long, summer groups
- Supervise Summer Camp including budget, camper recruitment and retention, evaluation, daily operation, staffing, marketing, weekly scheduling, and program
- Assist with Outdoor Education, serving as an instructor
- Participate in Annual Campaign and leads staff campaign.
- Ensures ACA accreditation is maintained
- Promote positively activities and programs of Camp Chandler to the general public and represents Camp Chandler at community events, schools, programs, media outlets, etc.
- YMCA Family Membership
- Program Discounts
- Comprehensive Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Long & Short-Term Disability, Employee Life Insurance,
- 12% Employer Funded Retirement Plan (once eligible)
- Optional 403B Retirement Savings Account
- Generous Paid Time Off policy
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Troy University Tuition Discount for Staff and Dependents
- Professional Development Opportunities and Trainings
The YMCA of Greater Montgomery is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. Employment is subject to a background check.
First Aid/CPR Certification, Lifeguarding certification and/or LGI certifications, CDL, and ServSafe certification preferred
To Apply: submit resume and six references to [email protected]