Winder Barrow Brad Akins YMCA
Associate Executive Director
YMCA of Middle Tennessee
We are seeking a next generation effective communicator who is open minded, high-energy, and results oriented for this full-facility branch. You must have a well-rounded background with experience in all YMCA programs, including budget management, relationship/community building and most importantly a unique perspective on staff empowerment and development. Membership, fund raising/financial development experience a plus. Success will be determined by the ability manage the operations of the branch by establishing a culture of excellence, being highly visible within the branch, developing the staff team, continually monitoring, and maintaining the financial strength of the branch. This is a pivotal role which will have a direct impact on how members, parents and program participants receive the highest quality in Y programs and services. This branch is poised for a major capital expansion in the next 3 years. This position will report directly to the CEO. See how our YMCA is impacting the community at www.cyedc.org. Submit resume and 3 professional and 1 personal reference. 12% retirement, health & dental insurance, liberal vacation, and excellent continuing education benefits.
1. YMCA experience preferred
2. Bachelor's degree or Equivalent
3. 5+ years of experience in fitness, retail, recreation management, or hospitality industries
4. 5+ years of experience managing budgets
5. Experience providing high-end member service and managing member concerns
6. Track record of success in a performance-driven work environment
7. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
8. Excellent people skills
9. Ability to sit, stand, walk, reach, climb, and lift up to 50lbs.
10 YMCA Team Leader or Multi-Team Leader Certification preferred.
11. Completion of required trainings.
1. Promote(s) and represent(s) the mission and values of the YMCA. Participate as a member of the association staff team and contribute to consistent YMCA image.
2. Performs daily walk-through inspections to ensure that all areas of the Branch are clean, neat, organized, and like new.
3. Manages budgets, forecasts revenue and expenses for each department monthly/quarterly/annually.
4. Manages supplies, payroll, cost of goods, and expenses for each department monthly/quarterly/annually.
5. Cultivates and connects members to the mission and purpose of the YMCA culminating in their commitment to volunteerism and financial support (fundraising).
6. Meets one-on-one weekly with each Department Leader to ensure the departments are meeting and exceeding budgetary goals.
7. Mentors and motivates Department Leaders to ensure continuous growth through training, developing, direction, assessing performance, and providing feedback.
8. Provides effective individual performance evaluations and recognition programs and awards.
9. Creates and sustains an environment that values all people for their unique talents. Takes an active role in promoting and leveraging practices that support diversity, inclusion, global engagement and cultural competence.
10. Builds community resources through cultivation and development of relationships. Actively engage members, volunteers, and community leaders in the Y mission.
11. Authorizes new hires, promotions, employee status changes, and terminations with Department Leaders.
12. Promotes and sustains an environment where Safety and Child Protection are at the highest priority and has zero tolerance for non-compliance.
13. Develops positive, collaborative relationships with community organizations, outside vendor staff, and CYEDC staff including Association Office support staff.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.