As the nation’s leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through youth development
As the nation’s leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the Y offers more than just a job. We offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting difference in your community. The Senior Program Director at YMCA Camp Piomingo has a major hand in the life changing summers and programs that occur at YMCA Camp Piomingo.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum age: 21 years
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality, food service, family and consumer sciences, nutrition, culinary arts preferred or 2 – 4 years related supervisory experience
- ServSafe training – can help achieve certification as needed
- Ability to accept guidance and supervision
- This position requires the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of customers as well as the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Able to demonstrate enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience, and self-control, maturity, responsibility, sound judgment, and good decision-making skills.
- Be of good character, and in sympathy with the goals and objectives of the camp.
- Be cleared through a federal background check.
- Principles, procedures, methods, techniques and strategies relative to the management of a comprehensive food service program;
- Nutrition, dietary values, proper food combinations and economic food substitutes
- Legal mandates, policies, regulations and guidelines pertaining to a food service program
- Practices, methods, procedures and strategies of management, organization and supervision
- Implement safe and sanitary working methods and procedures for all kitchen and housekeeping
1. Tolerate varying weather types for extended periods of time
2. Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods
3. Adequate ability to hear noises and distinguish distress signals
4. Ability to perform strenuous physical tasks as necessary
5. Ability to communicate verbally, including projecting voice across distance in normal and loud situations
- Perform excellent service to all participants, staff, volunteers, and guests
- Understand, follow and demonstrate the Y mission and values.
- Order weekly food and beverages that follow health and wellness guidelines
- Deliver program/participant meals.
- Follow food safety guidelines.
- Maintain ServSafe Certification and others as required.
- Maintain cleanliness standards for all kitchen and housekeeping tasks.
- Must be flexible and adaptable. Weekly schedules may vary.
- Responsible for the preparation of food items
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures of kitchen, dining, and housekeeping services
- Collaboratively work to plan and produce menus
- Assist in preparation for on site groups cabins, bathhouses, etc.
- Responsible for Kitchen/housekeeping budgeting, ordering, operations and inventory
- Coordination of group information and needs with admin staff
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Senior Program Director