Association Marketing Director
YMCA of the Chippewa Valley
YMCA of Greater Fort Wayne
Member Experience Director (Chinatown YMCA)
Chinatown Branch YMCA
Under the direction of the Director of Operations, the Membership Director, oversees their department in alignment with, and support of, the Boothbay Region YMCA priorities, protocols, and values. This includes overseeing our membership department; actively supervising staff, ensuring the accuracy and completeness of all data and records, providing excellent member service, and growing our membership base, and more.
1. Work closely with the Director of Operations and all department directors to promote healthy living, social responsibility, and youth development.
2. Work with the Director of Operations, CEO, and Finance department to develop and manage a responsible budget and provide monthly feedback for any material variances.
3. Design and implement membership strategies, including marketing, that supports the recruitment of new members and retention of existing members.
4. Ensure proper creation and implementation of membership procedures.
5. Hire, onboard, develop, and supervise membership staff.
6. Manage facility space, rentals, office supply purchasing, and membership merchandise purchasing.
7. Cover shifts as needed.
8. Participate in Y fundraising efforts, including implementing an annual fundraiser to support mission-based programs and applying for grant opportunities.
9. Recruit, communicate, and work with volunteers.
10. Actively participate in Ys strategic plan development with CEO and staff.
11. Build relationships with members and manage conflict.
1. Mission Advancement: Embraces and incorporates the Y’s values into all aspects of job responsibilities by serving others and fulfilling community needs. Builds effective, supportive working relationships with peers, volunteers, and community members to promote volunteerism and fundraising efforts.
2. Collaboration: Advocates for and institutionalizes inclusion and diversity throughout the organization. Collaborates with people from all different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions, and seeks to understand other viewpoints through active listening. Communicates effectively across the organization and actively participates in meetings.
3. Operational Effectiveness: Demonstrates sound judgment and strong problem-solving skills. Identifies and recommends new approaches that foster an environment of continual improvement. Proactively establishes goals, tracks achievements, and constructively challenges to ensure solutions are optimal and pragmatic.
4. Personal Growth:Pursues self-development through learning to enhance skills and job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change and seeks opportunities to lead projects that enhance team performance. Self-reflects and accurately assesses strengths, limitations, and their impact on relationships.