Member Xperience Director
Amon Carter Jr. Downtown YMCA
Assistant Membership Director
YMCA of Metropolitan Milwaukee Inc.
Member Service Coordinator - Southeast Y
YMCA of Monroe County Inc.
This position under the direction of the Member Services Director is primarily responsible for supporting all aspects of a high-quality YMCA user experience as well as the day to day operations of the Member Services department, including but not limited to revenue, sales, retention, supervision, and exceptional customer service through our Welcome Center.
· Bachelor's degree in related field preferred.
· 3+ year’s supervisory experience in customer service.
· Experience managing department budgets, staffing schedules and staff payroll accounting.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office and use of computers, database management experience preferred.
· YMCA Team Leader Certification encouraged.
Welcome Center Operations
· In coordination with the Member Services Director, responsible for the overall operation of the Welcome Center as it relates to the Member Services Department and YMCA organization.
· Maintains the Welcome Center, Member Services office and lobby to ensure brand compliance, member-centered and welcoming appearance, order and cleanliness.
· Ensures proper implementation of Welcome Center procedures. Audits, reviews and updates desk procedures and communicates changes to staff in a timely and appropriate manner.
· Manages the registration process for members and non-members for each program session.
· Strive to build strong, working relationship between YMCA staff, members and volunteers and members of our community.
· Develop strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
· Establishes and develops a staff team that can build strong relationships with members, and create an overall more connected member experience.
Welcome Center Staff
· In coordination with the Member Services Director, responsible for managing the Member Services team at the Welcome Center in manner that focuses on operational proficiency, customer service, member engagement and our four Core Values.
· Supervise and coach Member Services Manager to ensure best in class member experience.
· Collaborates in the recruitment, hiring, scheduling, training and development of the Welcome Center staff and volunteers.
· Reviews and evaluates staff performance and to implement improvement plans where indicated.
· Completes payroll for designated reports and resolve or report any issues to Member Services Director and/or Human Resources as needed. Manages the substitute tracking system and enter into payroll.
· Actively and proactively manages the Welcome Center staff schedule with oversite from the Member Services Director. Acts as emergency substitute regardless of day of week or shift time, which includes early morning, evenings and weekends.
· Develops and implements a comprehensive job training plan for all Member Service Representatives, including customer service, YMCA database systems, policies and operations.
· Provides continuing education and development opportunities for Welcome Center staff; including but not limited to YUSA trainings and regular staff meetings.
· Ensures all staff are up to date with required certifications and manage a tracking system; proactively schedule trainings where and when needed.
· Lead staff meetings and/or related meetings.
· Execute new member prospecting, lead generation and tracking, including outbound calling and emailing.
· Follow up with prospective members toward conversion to membership following the YMCA’s sales procedures.
· Ensures proper implementation of Sales Force procedures.
· Provide assistance and support to the Member Services Director to meet new membership sales goals and execute marketing strategies for the department and branch.
· Serves as lead trainer for the family center for facility tours using the YUSA Cause-Driven Tours as a model.
· Compile tracking information for the Member Services Director concerning about prospects, joins, and terminations for weekly, monthly, and quarterly goals.
· Maintains records of terminations and new memberships, checking all work for accuracy.
· Collaborate with Member Services Director and Health and Wellness Director to promote fitness onboarding for new members and fitness engagement initiatives.
· Be informed of market conditions and competitors’ products, prices, and sales; share information with Management Team.
Other Member Services responsibilities:
· Maintain a good understanding of all duties of a Member Service Representative regarding Welcome Center and the operations of Member Services Department.
· Provide premier hospitality to prospective and current members in person and by telephone
· Build supportive and caring relationships with members.
· Maintain a good understanding of all facility and program offerings for all ages and be able to communicate them to prospective members with regards to their specific interests.
· Conduct tours for potential new members using a consultative approach, determining needs and offering solutions.
· Works scheduled registration shifts as needed.
· In the absence of the Member Services Director, assists in the execution of promotions, reporting, financial assistance, resolution of member concerns and acts as a role model to the staff displaying exemplary behavior, listening skills, problem resolution.
· Tracks and communicates ActiveNet system issues to Business Systems Director and IT Director.
· Assists as ActiveNet registration support and provides reports on registration periods to the program directors.
· Primary in-house trainer for all staff on ACTIVE software & network procedures.
· Maintain accurate and timely ACTIVE table files.
· Enter membership information into ACTIVE.
· Sales Force entry and reporting.
· Accepts any other duties as assigned.
Member involvement skills
· Be knowledgeable about program areas and share information with members.
· Be knowledgeable about the YMCA, its programs and policies.
· Encourage participation in facility and program orientations.
· Acquaint members with other YMCA programs and benefits.
· Recommend participation in a variety of Y programs.
· Be able to articulate the YMCA’s Mission, values, benefits.
· Ask members to contribute to the annual campaign.
· Be able to articulate the role and importance of volunteers.
· Be informed about volunteer opportunities.
· Participates as appropriate in professional development organizations such as YPN and the Membership Peer Community to ensure the organization is on the forefront of membership and facility management trends and identify areas of development for the organization, department, and staff members.
· In the absence of the Member Services Director assists in the execution of promotions, reporting, financial assistance, resolution of member concerns and acts as a role model to the staff displaying exemplary behavior, listening skills, problem resolution.
Completes other duties as assigned that contribute to the growth and success of the organization and/or provide professional development opportunity.
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve
others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and
perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s
point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning;
speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to
another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience.
Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an
openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.