Chief Financial Officer
YMCA of Greater Charlotte
Senior Vice President of Finance and Business Strategy
YMCA of Greater Montgomery
YMCA of Metropolitan Hartford
Our Finance Department at the YMCA of Central Massachusetts wants you to continue reading and contemplate submitting your application!
The A/P Coordinator must be capable of developing positive working relationships at all levels of the organization. The A/P Coordinator must also be capable of taking initiative and working independently. Organizational planning, clear communications, ability to follow procedure & verify essential documentation, critical thinking and decision making skills are essential.
Experience with multi-location company, Accounts Payable processes, systems and documentation experience is beneficial and ability to show initiative, ask questions, be thorough and complete tasks with quality outcomes is preferred.
Schedule: Monday-Friday 8 hour day, range of start/end time can be scheduled between 7:00am-6:00pm
Pay: $23.00/hour with full benefit package to include, generous PTO, Medical, Dental, Life, Vision, Pet, and Disability Insurance, Retirement, EAP, Free Family Membership and Staff Discount.
If this sounds like something you are qualified to do and want to apply, please submit your resume/cover letter today to our HR Department at [email protected]
The Y: We’re for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
The YMCA of Central Massachusetts provides an environment that reflects, respects, and celebrates our differences and the richness of diversity, resulting in strengthening the foundation of community through our pillars of youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
Minimum of an Associate’s degree in Business, plus at least two years of Accounts Payable experience in a mid-size, multi-location or multi-division company.
Experienced with automated A/P systems that interface with a general ledger and have various payment options. Any system conversion experience is a plus.
Experienced in capturing A/P Invoices in a timely manner from various sources including email, interoffice mail, US mail and vendor sites.
Knowledge of general ledger and accounting functions and how they are impacted by A/P transactions.
Knowledge of and experience with computerized business and accounting systems.
Sound working knowledge of spreadsheets and word processing.
Excellent communication skills, attention to detail, accuracy, completeness, and problem-solving skills.
Must be highly organized, able to develop and follow routines, and have the ability to work with confidential matters.
1. Performs daily Accounts Payable functions, including:
a. maintenance of vendor data files and all details therein.
b. utilizing excellent written and verbal vendor/community partner relations.
c. captures vendor invoices via e-mail, U.S. mail, inter-office mail and vendor web-sites.
d. determines the appropriate processing groups for vendors invoices and expense reports.
e. reviews vendor history to authenticate any utility or routine billing invoices.
f. identifies the appropriate staff point of contact for coding and approval, scan as necessary for any undetermined/unclear invoices, consults source or Controller.
g. inputs invoices to appropriate dated and sourced batches.
h. prepares invoice batch(s) for review by the Controller, and address any edits.
i. processes invoices for payment and prepares checks.
2. Serves as liaison to all Finance staff for the day-to-day A/P activities. Seeks input from Finance staff members and drives decisions around the proper handling of accounting related matters.
3. May serve as backup on certain accounting functions.
4. Supports all financial staff in the preparation of the monthly and annual financial statements.
5. Conduct analysis of branch financial statements as requested.
6. Provide outstanding payables, documentation for auditors and cut-off check register for the annual audit.
7. Completes a variety of accounting, financial analysis, and budget projects.
8. Completes reviews and updates as well as initial drafts of accounting policies and procedures.
9. Will periodically audit procedures, report irregularities, suggests improvements in operations and/or policy.
10. Accepts responsibilities as assigned in areas other than those generally assigned to the position including serving on a task force or special project. Responds to challenges with possible solutions in a timely manner.
· Critical Thinking & Decision Making
· Fiscal Management
· Program/Project Management