Imagine being part of one of the most respected human services organizations in the world.
Under the direction of the Executive Director of Marketing and Communications, the Director of Graphic Design is responsible for building, leading, and facilitating the workflow in the production of all web, print, and digital marketing collateral. This position will also spearhead and manage content for both small-scale and large-scale projects, harnessing strategy, digital and brand design, compelling content, and technology. The Director of Graphic Design will promote association mission and goals through innovative campaigns and support other internal teams with marketing and sales material.
- Support the mission, vision and goals of the YMCA.
- Promote a professional work environment through character development by modeling the values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
- Lead in a manner that advances our cause to strengthen the foundations of community through programs that focus on youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
- Promote and participate in association task forces, committees and/or workgroups to promote Center and Association unity.
- Promote and participate in YMCA fundraising efforts to include Annual and Capital Campaigns.
Content and Brand Management
- Help support content strategy working with executive director of marketing and communications to align with short-term and long-term marketing targets.
- Collaborate with marketing to plan and develop site content, style, and layout.
- Create and capture engaging video and still image content.
- Craft creative storytelling concepts to support the Y’s mission.
- Translate brand elements into plans and go-to-market strategies.
- Establish performance specifications, cost and price parameters, market applications, and sales estimates.
- Align the brand around the association’s direction, choices, and tactics.
- Prioritize work and resources across engagements based on short- and long-term needs, establishing production schedules by collaborating with designers, copywriters, and production departments.
- Review and approve art and copy developed by marketing liaisons, ensuring deliverables that effectively address marketing goals and challenges.
- Produce fresh, innovative work that translates complex ideas into compelling print materials and digital experiences for visually sophisticated audiences.
- Present, or oversee the presentation of final concepts, and obtain approvals for deliverables.
- Meet work standards by following production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving operational problems; identifying work process improvements.
- Analyze brand tracking, market trends, consumer need, and the competitive landscape.
- pport the overall branding, and creative experience for the YMCA.
- Support marketing, advertising, promotional activities to include development, production, and distribution of marketing, sales, and advertising deliverables to communicate the YMCA brand, mission, and impact.
- Support efforts to ensure proper ongoing use of brand by all YMCA staff. Provide support, training, and quality assurance as assigned.
- Assist YMCA staff with graphic design projects as needed.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Ability Requirements:
- Strong written and verbal communications including proper use of the English language, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and presentation of final deliverable.
- Ability to provide direction and leadership for appropriate strategies.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents.
- Ability to respond effectively to inquiries or requests.
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts to practical situations.
- Ability to reason and define difficult problems and limited direction as to means and results.
- Advanced skills using Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher) and Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) software.
- Experience in Canva preferred.
Cause-Driven Leadership Competencies
Multi-Team Leader: Engaging Community, Communication & Influence, Inclusion, Collaboration, Emotional Maturity, Critical Thinking & Decision Making, Developing Self & Others, Philanthropy, Change Leadership, Fiscal Management.