Can you capture the spirit of camp through video on social media? Would you like to spend you summer at 8200ft in the Sun-drenched mountains of Colorado? Our beautiful YMCA overnight camp is nestled in the Rocky Mountains near Grant, CO. We have 65 staff serving up to 185 campers, ages 6 to 17.
So, what does the Media Specialist (Video) do? You will be responsible for the visual, virtual representation of our camp. The Media Specialist (Video) is expected to take videos of campers and activities that occur during each session. And produce an "End of Session" Video by the end of each session. The Media Specialist (Video) in conjunction with Media Specialist (Photo) will work with our Association Marketing Department and the Camp Director to curate our camp's social media presence. This will include editing photos and videos to post on our various social media pages. Your goal is to ensure that YMCA Camp Santa Maria's online image is every bit as amazing and inspiring as it is in person!
Pay Rate: Starting at $400-450/week dependent on experience. This position requires you live at camp. Room and board are included. We can work with your university to meet internship for credit requirements. Staff Training begins May 24.
OUR BENEFITS ROCK. All full-time Santa Maria seasonal staff are eligible to receive a free family membership to the YMCA of Northern Colorado: From teens to seniors, this benefit impacts the entire household! And your family can receive 50% to 100% off YMCA of Northern Colorado Programs. That includes free YMCA Camp Noco traditional day camp, youth sports, learn to skate and swim lessons, and half off YMCA Camp Santa Maria overnight camp, personal training, specialty summer camps, and childcare. Have questions about how our benefits apply to you? Your unique benefits package will be discussed at point hire.
View all openings and apply online today at https://www.ymcanoco.org/careers.
We were founded as the Young Men's Christian Association in 1844. But today, we are The Y, an association that values, and is made stronger by, its diverse people. At the YMCA of Northern Colorado, we are committed to equal opportunity employment regardless of gender, age, disability, ethnicity, sexual orientation or religious affiliation.
- 18 years old.
- One to two years related experience preferred.
- Experience with photoshop and video editing and a wide range of equipment.
- Must have a valid US driving license.
- Completion of: Child Abuse Prevention for Supervisory Staff, Staff Training, WFA, CPR, AED, Bloodborne Pathogens. We provide this as part of staff training week) Lifeguard certification is a plus.
- Completion of YMCA program-specific certifications.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community
- Ability to plan, lead and participate in a range of activities in a variety of outdoor/indoor settings.
- Take videos daily of campers and camp activities and produce an end of week video each week.
- Create 40, 30 to 90 second videos showing different aspects of camp life to be scheduled to post on social media throughout the school year.
- Maintain a professional online presence for YMCA Camp Santa Maria through social media and other platforms.
- Work with the YMCA of Northern Colorado Marketing team on special projects and provide ideas.
- Supports camp daily, weekly and seasonally as an engaged member of planning and meeting sessions with the Camp Santa Maria support staff team.
- May live with campers and help with supervision ratio.
- Coordinates use of facilities for program activities and events with the support staff team.
- Models' relationship-building skills for campers and staff.
- Compiles program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in program.