YMCA Camp Santa Maria is seeking a leader to guide our amazing campers and staff at our picturesque overnight camp nestled in the heart of the Rocky Mountains near Grant, CO.
Our Pathfinder Program Manager coordinates our Cabin Lead staff for campers ages 10-12. You will inspire, coach, lead, support and assess your staff team. The role is the counselor to the counselor. You will help ensure our staff are supported in creating transformative summer camp experiences for our campers.
Beyond coordinating and mentoring our camp population, our ideal candidates understand the power of community and teamwork and are eager to collaborate with and support the rest of our 65-person staff throughout the summer. We are looking for staffers who have an "I've got this" mindset, who show initiative and a solutions-minded attitude whether they are dealing with a homesick camper, conflict resolution and any other camper interpersonal opportunities that come up.
Need more info now: https://www.ymcanoco.org/camp-santa-maria/work-at-camp
Pay Rate: $500-535/week dependent on previous Camp Santa Maria or camp experience. This position requires you to live at camp. Room and board are included. Leadership training begins May 21.
OUR BENEFITS ROCK. All full-time Santa Maria seasonal staff are eligible to receive a free family membership to the YMCA of Northern Colorado: From teens to seniors, this benefit impacts the entire household! And your family can receive 50% to 100% off YMCA of Northern Colorado Programs. That includes free YMCA Camp Noco traditional day camp, youth sports, learn to skate and swim lessons, and half off YMCA Camp Santa Maria overnight camp, personal training, specialty summer camps, and childcare. Have questions about how our benefits apply to you? Your unique benefits package will be discussed at the point of hire.
View all openings and apply online today at https://www.ymcanoco.org/careers.
We were founded as the Young Men's Christian Association in 1844. But today, we are The Y, an association that values, and is made stronger by, its diverse people. At the YMCA of Northern Colorado, we are committed to equal opportunity employment regardless of gender, age, disability, ethnicity, sexual orientation or religious affiliation.
- 21+ years old.
- One to two years related experience preferred.
- Must have a valid US driving license.
- Completion of: Child Abuse Prevention for Supervisory Staff, Staff Training, WFA, CPR, AED, Bloodborne Pathogens. Lifeguard certification is a plus.
- Completion of YMCA program-specific certifications.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community
- Ability to plan, lead and participate in a range of activities in a variety of outdoor/indoor settings.
- Experience in overnight camp preferred.
- Maintain a professional presence for YMCA Camp Santa Maria through appropriate staff and camper interactions.
- Delegate and assist with staff for program activities.
- Work with the YMCA Camp Santa Maria Leadership team on special projects and provide ideas.
- Speak with every camper twice during their session to insure a high-quality program and safe space for communication.
- Support camp daily, weekly, and seasonally as an engaged member of planning and meeting sessions with the Camp Santa Maria support staff team.
- Coordinate use of facilities for program activities and events with the support staff team.
- Models relationship-building skills for campers and staff.
- Compile program statistics. Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of and participation in program.