Our beautiful YMCA overnight camp is nestled in the Rocky Mountains near Grant, CO. We have 65 staff serving up to 185 campers, ages 6 to 17. Have a passion for working with children? Want to build your resume while building your leadership and problem-solving skills? Want to have fun and make some of your own best memories? The Cabin Leader provides leadership, direction, and supervision to program participants in all aspects of camp life. From arts and crafts to sports and games and everything in between, you will have the chance to develop skills in planning, preparing, and facilitating age-appropriate activities in large and small groups. Have the opportunity to explore the Colorado mountains through epic hikes, enjoy time kayaking on the lake with the kids, and provide a nurturing and respectful environment for all our campers. You will help build and maintain a cabin community of 10-12 campers and show them the magic of camp.
Camp life can be physically and emotionally challenging. You will be asked to function at 8200 ft of elevation, in a variety of summer mountain weather ranging from snow to highs in the 90's with potential strong thunderstorms. On an average day you will walk 3-5 miles.
Pay Rate: Starting at $400-$435/week (dependent on previous Camp Santa Maria or other camp experience). This position requires you live at camp. Room and board are included. We can work with your university to meet internship for credit requirements.
Need more info now: https://www.ymcanoco.org/camp-santa-maria/work-at-camp
OUR BENEFITS ROCK. All full-time Santa Maria seasonal staff are eligible to receive a free family membership to the YMCA of Northern Colorado: From teens to seniors, this benefit impacts the entire household! And your family can receive 50% to 100% off YMCA of Northern Colorado Programs. That includes free YMCA Camp Noco traditional day camp, youth sports, learn to skate and swim lessons, and half off YMCA Camp Santa Maria overnight camp, personal training, specialty summer camps, and childcare. Have questions about how our benefits apply to you? Your unique benefits package will be discussed at the point of hire.
We were founded as the Young Men's Christian Association in 1844. But today, we are The Y, an association that values, and is made stronger by, its diverse people. At the YMCA of Northern Colorado, we are committed to equal opportunity employment regardless of gender, age, disability, ethnicity, sexual orientation or religious affiliation.
View all openings and apply online today at https://www.ymcanoco.org/careers
- 18+ years old.
- High school graduate or equivalent; one year or more of college preferred
- Previous experience working with children preferred
- Experience preferred in one or more of the following areas: outdoor skills, archery, arts and crafts, dance, drama, boating, camping, songs/music, skits, sports, aquatics, recreational games, etc.
- Completion of: Child Abuse Prevention for Supervisory Staff, Staff Training, WFA, CPR, AED, and Bloodborne Pathogens. (We provide this as part of staff training week) Lifeguard certification is a plus.
- Previous experience with diverse populations preferred.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community
- Ability to plan, lead and participate in a range of activities in a variety of outdoor/indoor settings.
- Supervises a group of 10-12 children in a cabin.
- Plans and implements program activities that are culturally relevant, developmentally appropriate, and consistent with YMCA values.
- Adheres to program standards and expectations including safety and cleanliness standards.
- Models' relationship-building skills in all interactions. Maintains constructive and timely communication with supervisors.