Associate Executive Director
Winder Barrow Brad Akins YMCA
YMCA of Middle Tennessee
Oversees the operations for a Branch with an operating budget of $5,600,000. Responsible for approximately 2 exempt staff. This includes staff supervision, volunteer and community relations, program development and operations and financial management. Directs and manages the plans, finances, programs, activities and staff. Directs the operations of the Branch toward achievement of its operating plan. Senior management position that provides leadership in carrying out Association initiatives. Oversees and implements policies, programs and practices.
· Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in business, physical education, recreation, human services, wellness or equivalent.
· Four years’ experience in progressively successful professional management positions.
· Organizational Leader certification preferred.
· Ability to analyze a problem, defines the issues, weigh alternatives and arrive at sound and firm decisions.
· Knowledge of staff supervision and development, Board and volunteer development, financial development, marketing, fiscal management, human resources, strategic planning, risk management, public relations, membership development and retention.
· Clear understanding of the relationship of the general public to the Branch, of staff to volunteer and of intra-staff actions.
· Ability to delegate appropriate responsibilities involved in day-to-day operations.
· Willingness to move on situations with reasonable speed, taking required actions without being prompted, urged or directed.
· Ability to organize and communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
· Must have the physical, visual and auditory ability to perform the essential duties of the job with or without reasonable accommodations.
· Requires light physical activity such as phone and computer work.
· May require walking, driving, light lifting, stooping, crouching, and bending.
· Fingerprints will be taken upon commencement of employment and will be submitted to the Corporate Human Resources Department.
1. Empathetically listen and communicate for understanding. Build relationships to create small communities. Provide staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support. Build and nurture strategic collaborations within the community.
2. Provides support for setting the direction and achieving the strategic plan and annual operating plan for the Branch in conjunction with the Association plan. Supervises preparation of the annual budget, monthly budget monitoring and year-end positive net balance.
3. Manages and directs operations of the Branch facility and assigned program areas.
4. Maintains ongoing evaluation of current services and recommends changes and needs for new services.
5. Provides direction, leadership and support for the annual fundraising campaign.
6. Hires, trains and evaluates staff. Provides leadership, guidance and staff development. Provides direct supervision of administrative staff and provides overall control of the Branch personnel function.
7. Maintains an effective working relationship with Branch Board of Managers. Focus on engagement of board of managers within committees, special events and board meetings.
8. Participates in the formation of standing committees and the writing of their annual commission. Works with committee chairs and staff committee liaison toward achieving stated goals.
9. Develops relationships with community leaders and promotes collaboration with other agencies, schools and other organizations. Interprets the YMCA and its mission to the community through personal contact, talks, lectures and the media.
10. Oversees the management and maintenance of the Branch. Develops and administers the facility plans.
11. Oversees the marketing and public relations programs of the Branch and association.
12. Serves as the Executive for agreed upon PMT.
13. Serves as a member of the Association Management Team (AMT) and supports the overall objectives of the Association.
14. Provides support for the Branch planning process of establishing and carrying out the strategic plan, long-range goals, annual objectives, implementation and feedback.
15. Demonstrates the “Core Values” values of honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring in all dealings with members, guests, volunteers and fellow staff.
16. All other duties as assigned.
CPR, First Aid, AED within 30 days of hire