Join the Guest Services Department at YMCA of the Rockies! Great perks, amazing location, and an incredible team of co-workers.
This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, Snow Mountain Ranch, which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center, and a residential camp, serving more than 225,000 annually. The Relief Night Auditor/Relief Guest Registration Manager is primarily responsible for covering the days/nights when the regular Night Auditor and any of the Guest Registration Managers are off (including extended time off for vacation, holiday, sick time, etc.).
The Night Auditor is primarily responsible for the following: running computer programs and reports, auditing daily accounting transactions, providing guest services between 11:00 PM and 7:00 AM, such as answering the switchboard, checking-in late arrivals, dispatching the appropriate staff for service requests and communicating with emergency dispatchers and staff for the appropriate responses to medical, fire, law enforcement emergencies, power outages, etc.
The Guest Registration Manager is primarily responsible for overseeing their shifts at the Front Desk with a high priority on guest service; managing Guest Registration seasonal staff & volunteers; and is responsible for accurate guest folio charges, income audit and related duties.
- Operate YMCA of the Rockies Property Management System (currently Maestro) and associated credit card batching functionality as part of the overall night audit process.
- Able to work alone and remain alert between the hours of 11:00 PM and 7:00 AM, at least two nights a week, including weekends and holidays. Scheduled Night Audit shifts may increase to allow for vacation and training for the full-time Night Auditor which will be arranged in advanced. When this happens, the number of Relief Guest Registration Manager shifts will decrease to make up for the additional Night Audit coverage.
- Able to use good initiative and good judgement in resolving problems, addressing emergencies and contacting support resources when appropriate.
- Able to apply good accounting principles in reviewing and reconciling daily financial transactions.
- Ensure that the Business Office vault is secure and proper balance is maintained.
- Able to follow written instructions and satisfactorily complete all elements of the property management system night audit functions and reports.
- Able to review and understand computer-generated reports and able to update Excel spreadsheets and logs.
- Complete month-end and year-end auditing process.
- Possess stamina to work in the work environment described herein.
Guest Registration Manager
- Operate the propertys radio and PBX systems and promptly report outages and malfunctions.
- Must work well with frequent interruptions in a busy environment.
- Must sit and stand, get up and down frequently, and walk around during a work shift.
- Must converse in English face to face, via telephone and two-way radio, and read and write English.
- Assist with hiring, training, supervising and evaluations of Guest Registration seasonal staff and volunteers.
- Ensure guest requests and concerns are addressed and done so in a timely fashion.
- Ensure that Guest Registration staff support and follow departmental and Association policies and procedures.
- Assist with switchboard emergencies and other major concerns involving guests and employees that arise at the Guest Registration Desk.
- Ensure accurate charges to guest folios, as well as timely billing when necessary.
- Ensure cashiers accurately compile daily bank deposits.
- Build an environment that promotes consistent guest satisfaction.
- Refine and develop ways to improve upon Guest Registration operating procedures.
- Assist with and contribute to employee training programs such as the International Intern Program, Navigators, Trek, Leadership Training Program (LTP), and Focus, and work with the volunteer staff in the Guest Services Department.
- Review staffing hours and check for accuracy using computerized time clock system when needed.
- Complete appropriate paperwork (such as Personnel Action Forms, staff evaluations, and disciplinary actions) and communicate with Human Resources to
- Other duties as assigned.
- Able to operate common office equipment (copiers, printers, switchboard, business radio, etc.)
- Perform any other relevant and reasonable tasks as assigned
Cause-Driven Leadership Competencies
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
- Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.