This position is a great opportunity for an individual who enjoys being a leader and working with aquatic related programs.
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Aquatics Director will provide leadership to our aquatics department and will be responsible for developing and implementing aquatic-related programs that will promote membership growth and retention and increase program enrollment. They will oversee all aspects of operating a successful and safe facility and programs including supervision of all aquatic staff; effective budget development and management; maintenance of supplies and equipment; maintenance of the pool environments to meet or exceed health standards and maintaining of positive relationships with members and the community.
Cause-Driven Leadership Competencies
- Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Y values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to improving lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fundraising.
- Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
- Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
- Personal Growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology
YMCA or American Red Cross certifications in the following:
- Life Guarding
- Swim Instruction
- First Aid and CPR for the Professional Rescuer (including AED/O2 Administration)
- YMCA certifications for life guarding and swim instructor must be achieved within 6 months of employment.
- YMCA Instructor Trainer and Pool Operator on Location certification must be achieved within 6 months of employment