Keene Family YMCA
Building & Grounds Director
North Penn YMCA
The YMCA of Middletown is looking for an Association Facilities & Maintenance Director who has hands-on working knowledge of grounds maintenance including mechanical and electrical repairs of equipment, lawn and garden upkeep, and snow removal, as well as interior and exterior building repairs including plumbing, carpentry, HVAC, roofing, and pool maintenance. This position requires hands-on work and requires experience in all facets of building and grounds maintenance, as well as interaction with staff, volunteers, and the public. The ability to function professionally in an unpredictable environment and respond to emergencies in a timely manner is critical. Although the person hired would be based out of Middletown NY at the YMCA of Middletown. It is key that the person hired must be able to travel to our other locations when needed.
· Bachelor's degree in facility management, related field, or equivalent is preferred.
· Three or more years of experience in facility management or a closely related field is also preferred.
· Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems, as well as carpentry, and other maintenance-related areas.
· Skills in supervision, budget management and project management.
· CPR, First Aid and AED certifications required within 90 days of employment.
· Basic computer skills required, including email.
· Certified Pool Operator (CPO) certification required within 180 days of employment.
· Provide overall coordination of facility maintenance, including planning and developing preventative maintenance.
· Ensure the proper operation and repair of all mechanical systems.
· Complete repair work and projects in a timely manner.
· Request and review bids with the ability to research and recommend a selection of contractors.
· Work with the fire departments, health departments, and local municipalities for each property, to ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations related to facilities and grounds.
· Develop budgets supporting the preventative and annual maintenance plans for association.
· Work hand and hand w/CEO to monitor all expenditures for association staying in line with forecasted budget.
· Recruit, hire, train, develop, schedule, and direct assigned staff and volunteers.
· Review and evaluates performance of staff & develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
· Ensure that outside grounds at all facilities is aesthetically pleasing and are landscaped during warmer months.
· Work with snowplow contractors to ensure that all parking lots and walkways are cleared and salted for the safety of all.
· Develop a system to accurately record and track equipment warranties, age of equipment, replacement parts and repairs to assure systems are all in good working order.
· Communicate maintenance issues and discuss project plans with the management team and CEO.
· Be a part of leadership team and work with the Physical Resource Committee and CEO to assess community needs and develop an annual plan of capital projects, consistent with the YMCAs strategic plan.
· Ensures that assigned vehicles (and other equipment) are maintained and operated in accordance with the policies and procedures of the YMCA and the NYS Department of Motor Vehicle.
· Effective, positive, and professional verbal and written communication with members, supervisors, volunteers, and co-workers, to exchange accurate information and maintain confidentiality as needed in all communications.
· Must possess a current driver’s license with the ability to drive a variety of vehicles. Driving record must meet YMCA insurance standards.
· Perform other duties as assigned by the CEO.