Do you love being creative and teaching others how to express themselves through art? Do you enjoy planning craft projects and helping lead others that work with children?
The Arts and Crafts Specialist actively supervises and maintains safe, enjoyable, age-appropriate arts and crafts programs and events. Supervises arts and crafts instructors. Provides progressive instruction in arts and crafts classes. Works with leadership staff and program director to organize & implement overall camp program. Provides a quality experience to campers & families focused on YMCA core values: Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Caring. Represents the YMCA and self in a professional manner of safety and fun.
Starting Wage: $390+ per week, depending on qualifications
*This is a Residential position that includes room and board.*
Date of Employment: June 13th – August 25, 2023 (dates are approximate)
Everyone is Welcome
The Y stands for nondiscrimination, diversity, inclusion, and equity. We welcome all people regardless of ability, age, background, ethnicity, faith, gender identity, gender expression, race, or sexual orientation. We are dedicated to removing institutional and systemic barriers that result in oppression and racism
- Minimum 20 years of age.
- One season or more of camp experience required.
- Preferred: Experience in teaching camp activities and/or two years of personal arts/crafts experience.
- Positive attitude and previous experience with diverse populations
- Knowledge and skills in program activities and related equipment set-up, and the ability to instruct participants in age appropriate techniques.
- CPR, First Aid, AED certifications.
- Complete online Child Abuse Prevention training on first day and other online and in-person training as required.