Are you a RN or LPN that is passionate about positivity impacting children? As the Camp Health Specialist you will supervise the healthcare program and health center operations. Help maintain a safe, healthy camp environment using preventative health care and risk management techniques assist in running healthcare program and health center operations. In addition, you will review health histories, dispense personal medication, and provide first aid and medical care to all campers and staff in accordance with camp medical protocols.
In this position you will be able to use your skills to:
Establish contact with our overseeing doctor and maintain open communication with him or her.
Establish and maintain clear phone, and in person, communication with parents regarding campers’ health.
Communicate health, allergy, or behavioral concerns to Camp Director, unit leaders and Staff as appropriate.
Provide quality results:
Maintain a clean, professional, and organized Health Center and camper patient room; sharing the responsibility of 24 hour health hut Coverage with other Health Care Staff.
Coordinate and supervise Health Center check in/out: medication intake, lice checks and health screening.
Review and maintain all medications and health forms at check in and thereafter.
Make Great Decisions:
Be accessible and available to staff; let staff (post) know where to find you.
Be on call with a radio during the night for overnight campout assistance.
Starting Wage: $450+ per week, depending on qualifications
Date of Employment: June 6 – August 21, 2022 (approximate)
* This is a Residential position that includes room and board *
Everyone is Welcome
The Y stands for nondiscrimination, diversity, inclusion, and equity. We welcome all people regardless of ability, age, background, ethnicity, faith, gender identity, gender expression, race, or sexual orientation. We are dedicated to removing institutional and systemic barriers that result in oppression and racism.
Are you a good fit?
- You have a current RN License, or greater.
- You have practical knowledge of the organization and distribution of medications, pediatric care.
- You have integrity, patience, adaptability, a sense of humor, enthusiasm, and a commitment to serve youth.
- You have current CPR and AED through the duration of the season.
- You want to make a difference in the life of a child this summer.
- Able to complete Child Abuse Prevention training on first day and other inline or in-person training as required.