Why Work for the Y?
The YMCA focuses on empowering people in all forms, by improving health and well-being and inspiring action in and across our neighborhoods.
Ignite your Passion, Live the Y Cause, and Join our Team!
Would you like to change lives by making sure camp is an amazing experience for every camper? At Camp Seymour you get to teach kids self-reliance, a love for nature and the outdoors, and the development of attitudes and practices that build character and leadership – all amidst the fun of camp fires, canoeing, archery, talent shows, and meaningful relationships.
If hired as a Trip Staff, you will provide constructive, responsible leadership and guidance for groups of 10-12 teens ages 13-17. Trip Staff will lead backpacking and water based trips. In this position you will help develop camper character and values and help foster community,
- Facilitate trip programs with a co-leader.
- Supervise, engage and build community with campers.
- Lead safe, programmed, skill-building, and fun off-site trips. Maintain awareness and supervision of campers. Follow guidelines for off-camp trips as explained in the Adventure Manual.
- Follow camp safety guidelines; follow National Park/Forest regulations and always abide by “leave no trace” guidelines.
Starting Wage: $390+ per week, depending on qualifications
*This is a Residential position that includes room and board.*
Date of Employment: June 13th – August 25, 2023 (dates are approximate)
Everyone is Welcome
The Y stands for nondiscrimination, diversity, inclusion, and equity. We welcome all people regardless of ability, age, background, ethnicity, faith, gender identity, gender expression, race, or sexual orientation. We are dedicated to removing institutional and systemic barriers that result in oppression and racism
- Minimum 21 years of age.
- One or more seasons of related experience required.
- Preferred: Experience in leading trip/travel program and/or personal outdoor experience.
- Positive attitude and previous experience with diverse populations.
- Knowledge and skills in program activities and related equipment set-up, and the ability to instruct participants in age appropriate techniques.
- Required: Wilderness First Aid or First Responder (must have by the start of staff training).
- CPR, AED certifications.
- Complete online Child Abuse Prevention training on first day. Complete other online and in-person training as required.