Do you have a love for nature and the environment? This is your opportunity to teach what you love to provide an amazing experience for children at the YMCA's Camp Seymour and area schools!
The Outdoor and Environmental Educator 2 provides supervision, leadership and instruction for participants in the Outdoor and Environmental Education program including programs at Camp Seymour and at schools for after-school programs. You will promote a positive environment that fosters fun, safety and our YMCA values.
Some essential functions will include:
- Encourage member and parent involvement and identify potential volunteers.
- Shadow OEE classes to gain a solid understanding of the class material and flow.
- Prepare class lessons before teaching, co-teach natural science, group building, and outdoor skills classes to school groups. After co-teaching, advance to teaching classes on your own.
- Participate in and lead trainings as required.
- Have advanced program training in areas such as high ropes challenge course certification, lifeguard certification, Beetles institute.
Hours: Part-Time, Up to 25 hours per week
Benefits: Part-Time employees are supported with the following benefits and perks:
- Flexible scheduling around school and extracurricular activities
- Optional virtual tele-doc, dental and vision benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- 50% off YMCA Child Care services
- Free Personal YMCA Membership
- Free YMCA 360 Virtual Wellness Membership
- YMCA Program and Merchandise discounts
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Paid Sick Leave
- Professional education and certification opportunities
Everyone is Welcome
The Y stands for nondiscrimination, diversity, inclusion, and equity. We welcome all people regardless of ability, age, background, ethnicity, faith, gender identity, gender expression, race, or sexual orientation. We are dedicated to removing institutional and systemic barriers that result in oppression and racism.
- Minimum age of 20 years.
- A working knowledge of Outdoor and Environmental Education principles through education or practical experience, and the ability to instruct participants.
- Positive attitude and previous experience with youth in educational and program activities.
- Ability to connect with people of diverse backgrounds.
- The ability to implement the activity program.
- The ability to demonstrate a friendly, courteous and professional manner while working with members, parents and staff and the ability to understand, articulate, and enforce YMCA policies and procedures in a positive way.
- Required trainings within 90 days, Child Abuse Prevention training within 30.
- Certifications: CPR, AED and Basic First Aid.