YMCA of Metropolitan Fort Worth
The Learning Center YMCA at Lake Buena Vista
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Associate Administrative Assistant will be overseen and directed by the Y’s CEO and Director of Admin and Ops. This position will assist the Senior Leadership team through sound, independent judgment and using the utmost discretion with sensitive materials and information. The Administrative Associate shall have strong communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as great organizational skills and computer skills, including proficient knowledge of Word Documents, Excel sheets, and web-based programs. This position requires flexible hours and the ability to travel to do Y-related business within the community and outlying areas.
· Minimum of an Associate Degree or equivalent in office management preferred.
· Requires prior experience and knowledge of office software and machines with proficiency in Google Suite and Microsoft Office Suite applications.
· Minimum three years of related experience in an administrative capacity is required, preferably working with high-level executives or administrators.
· Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and be familiar with office processes and procedures.
· Attention to detail is vital.
· Ability to work with integrity, discretion and a professional approach.
· Must be a self-starter and possess the ability to work with minimal supervision.
· Prior administrative experience in a non-profit setting is preferred.
· Provide high level administrative support to the CEO regarding all correspondence.
· Use extreme discretion and independent judgment in handling confidential and sensitive information in connection with the CEO's responsibilities.
· Coordinate Board of Directors committees and management meetings.
· Prepare and send Board packets with all agenda items included, track attendance, and produce updated Board orientation manual as needed.
· Maintain electronic and hard copy files of all Board packets and maintain all association master files, records, brochures and newsletters.
· Produce and maintain meeting minutes for Board and related committee meetings, and all association Director meetings.
· Handle all incoming/outgoing mail and ensure returned mail address corrections are made.
· Ensure accurate and timely donation/gift processing
· Perform regular development reporting and maintain integrity of donor database and lists.
· Assist with coordination of special events associated to fund development, perform administrative tasks, attend/work the events. This position is the primary lead for the annual holiday luncheon prep, set up, tear down, decor, etc.
· Receive and distribute association mail and log checks received.
· Attend association and community meetings per the direction of the CEO.
· Assist with major event planning as needed.
· Ability to manage multiple projects efficiently and effectively.
· Take part in and solicit others to participate in necessary YMCA financial development efforts, specifically the Annual Campaign.
· Maintain certifications listed under Certificates and Other Requirements.
· All other duties as assigned.