Tax-free living less than one hour from beaches, lakes, mountains and metropolitan Boston. Enjoy all that New Hampshire has to offer.
The Seacoast YMCA is looking for a dynamic cause-driven leader to lead our membership engagement and support wellness operations.
The Senior Director of Membership Experience leads center membership and wellness team members in attracting, engaging and retaining members.
· This includes driving a superior member experience, increasing membership enrollment, and enhancing membership connection/engagement, thereby increasing membership and wellness program satisfaction and retention.
· This position provides direct leadership for the Welcome Center and Kid Zone staff, and supports the Healthy Living director’s team of wellness, coaches, personal trainers, group exercise, and healthy living program staff; directly supervising and developing these staff teams to provide the highest quality service and exceptional member experience for all.
· This position ensures that membership and wellness administration operate efficiently and employs a continuous improvement model to meet and/or exceed goals for satisfaction, membership mix and budgeted net membership and revenue
· BA/BS in exercise science or related field; or equivalent experience preferred.
· Minimum of two years of experience in wellness programming, with at least two years of supervisory experience preferred.
· Minimum of two years of experience in a relationship-driven sales environment.
· Highly motivated with the consistent ability to meet/exceed goals.
· Must understand how to build relationships and have strong interpersonal skills.
· Have the ability to lead a strong staff team that is focused on creating a welcoming environment and providing a superior member experience for all members, at all times.
· Must have an understanding for exercise, nutrition, healthy living and helping others live a healthier lifestyle.
· Self-driven with the ability to set effective team and individual goals and take ownership for results.
· Demonstrated ability to multi-task and adapt to changing contexts and priorities.
· Strong analytical and critical-thinking skills with the ability to identify and leverage relevant data to use in planning and decision-making.
· Ability to understand, adapt to and interact with diverse people, teams, perspectives and cultures.
· Proficient in using Microsoft-based applications (e.g. Microsoft Office, Outlook, TEAMS) with the ability to learn and adapt to new technology.
- Drives membership enrollment including meeting/exceeding revenue goals (net) for new and existing membership and optimizes the center(s)’ membership mix to grow revenue and improve the member experience. This includes:
- Collaborating with the Association Director of Membership, association marketing team and center leadership teams to execute enrollment and marketing plans for the center.
- Overseeing the identification and follow-up on opportunities to increase membership and converts prospects to members.
- Leveraging marketing resources and drives frequent/regular community, web and social media communications and engagement.
- Providing tours to prospective members.
Membership Engagement and Retention
- Increases member connection and commitment to YMCA programs and services ensuring the member experience is consistent, integrated and aligned to YMCA goals including:
- Gathers data about member satisfaction and interests to ensure connection to programs, services, and other members.
- Collaborates regularly with center leadership, program operations, and other related teams to ensure the member experience is consistent, integrated and aligned with member needs.
- Oversees new and returning member orientation to ensure effective onboarding to include wellness and program teams.
- Implements relationship development strategies to increase membership engagement and retention.
Membership Administration/Welcome Center & Wellness Center Operations
- Provides leadership to welcome center operations and administration to ensure best in class membership experience.
- Supervises/coaches Healthy Living Director and ensures welcome center operations align with member experience, member acquisition, and member administration goals.
- Generates and/or analyzes membership, enrollment, and revenue reports to monitor and report on the achievement of membership goals.
- Provides leadership to wellness center operations to ensure a best-in-class membership experience.
- Builds strategic relationships with community partners and local businesses in order to promote YMCA programs within the surrounding communities.
- Works to build community understanding of the YMCA’s cause and impact through effective communication strategies.
- Design and coordinate new initiatives within program areas to engage community members.
- Provide leadership, training, development, and oversight of staff.
- Conducting ongoing staff training and goal setting relevant to job function for each team member. Director will also work with the Executive Director to hire, train and review all Welcome Center personnel.
- Create, respond to and oversee all related administrative requirements of the department, its membership budget, daily operational activities, and required equipment, supplies, forms and materials.
This is a full-time, salaried position with an extensive benefit package that includes:
- Generous paid vacation time (4 weeks paid time off & 6 Holidays to start that accrues with tenure)
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Free 2 Adult Family YMCA Membership
- 50% discount on Preschool Childcare, School Age Childcare, Summer Day Camp, and Resident Camp services
- Discounts on Programs for yourself & family members including swim lessons, sports, personal training, and many more
- 25% discounts on Birthday Parties, Pool, and Gym Rentals
- After qualifying, 8% employer contribution to retirement fund