Southern District YMCA/Camp Lincoln Inc.
YMCA of Southwest Florida
Five Points Branch YMCA
Job Title: Member Services Specialist (Full-time Hourly)
Department: Member Services
Reports To: Membership & Volunteer Director
Prepared By: Membership & Volunteer Director
Prepared Date: 12/16/22
Approved By: Executive Director
Approved Date: 12/16/22
· A bachelor’s degree in Business Admin, Recreation, Physical Education, Childhood Development or a related field, or equivalent experience, preferred
· YMCA experience, 2-3 years at professional supervisory/director role, preferred
· Ability to make independent decisions that adhere to the purpose, mission, and goals of the YMCA.
· Experience in an office setting: multiple phone lines, computers, and general office equipment
· Experience in customer service: has extensive experience and proven success with multi-tasking and record keeping
· Demonstrates strong problem-solving skills and an ability to work effectively with diverse populations
· Strong communication, networking and collaboration skills
· Excellent team builder and team player; ability to work self-directed
· Strong interpersonal, public relations and communications skills for building social and business functions for effective partnerships and collaborations
· Ability to represent the YMCA in a mature and professional manner building strong relations with leaders in a wide variety of organizations in the community, and in the region
· Demonstrated skills in Fiscal Management
· CPR/AED and First Aid certifications
· Must pass a security clearance and a full background check
Ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of employee or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Member Services Oversight
· Approximately ¾ of weekly hours devoted to working the Front Desk, remaining hours devoted to office work
· Compose and send member communications, which will include aging out member letters, annual invoices, etc.
· Handle in-person members and phone calls related to membership account inquire, problems, etc.
· Manage and respond to membership emails in a timely fashion
· Support and assist with member service policies and procedures, goals and objectives, issues and concerns, incident reporting, sales promotions, and administrative forms
· Audit membership files for accuracy and complete proper correction forms as required
· Assist MVD with scheduling Member Services staff as needed
· Support Member Service Team and coordinate team meetings/trainings with MVD
· Attend and participate in all staff meetings and trainings as required
· Assist with continuous enhancement and improvement of the onboarding experience for Members and Staff
· Follow and enforce Membership Staff Absolutes, leading by example
· Fill in for staff coverage as needed (nights and weekends required)
· Consult with MVD regarding Member Services Staff performance and provide input for coaching plans
· Process insurance memberships, including but not limited to insurance verification, member correspondence, and communicating wellness program membership agreement terms
· Maintain open communication with supervisor and management staff
· Responsible for knowing and articulating all current membership and program information and changes
· Keep the MVD apprised of any potential or developing issues within the Member Services Dept.
· Maintain professional attitude and manner, and demonstrate good time management
· Contribute to a culture of positive attitudes and confidentiality, going to the source whenever issues may arise
· Provide for the health and safety of members at all times
· Demonstrate a well-rounded nature by maintaining a specialty in another department (admin, marketing & communications, health & wellness, etc.)
· Regularly serve as Manager on Duty as assigned (nights and weekends required)
· Perform other duties as assigned