Looking for a job where you can have fun AND make a difference in your community?
About the YMCA
The Y is filled with passionate leaders, thinkers and doers. Whether a camp counselor, program director or fitness instructor, we all share a common goal to serve and make our community healthier, happier and stronger.
We look for people who will show up as their whole self because we value diversity and inclusion, as well as people who enjoy working on a team and with the public. If you can see yourself at the Y, please read on!
- Free membership!
- Plenty of paid time off for life, vacations, staycations, and rest.
- YMCA-subsidized medical, dental, and vision, plus YMCA-funded HRA.
- Generous program discounts – including childcare and camp!
- Meaningful assistance programs like mentoring and retirement (403(b) and Y Retirement).
- Training, certification and advancement opportunities.
About this Role
Under the direction of the Senior Director and Executive, the Youth Development Director, I oversees their department in alignment with, and support of, the YMCA of Southern Maine’s priorities, protocols, and values. This includes overseeing operations associated with summer camp, school age childcare, and Prime Time; actively supervising and coaching youth development staff; ensuring accuracy and completeness of all data and records; providing excellent member service; growing our membership base and more. The Youth Development Director, I provides multi-faceted leadership at the YMCA, and supports and works with membership, wellness, aquatics, and fundraising.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Staffing Oversight – Hire, train, coach, schedule, review, and hold accountable staff to maintain high morale and provide excellent service. This includes the Y’s Accountability Pledge, personnel policy, protocols, and safety standards for staff, facilities, and program participants/members.
- Inclusion - Honor the YMCA of Southern Maine’s Promise Statement. Models a commitment to equity and inclusion. Creates a safe environment that helps all feel welcome and respected. Promotes feelings of mutual respect, acceptance, and appreciation. Supports people with unique experiences or points of view to share their perspectives.
- Staffing Administration – Ensure accurate timecards, consistent documentation, and maintenance of training records, licensing requirements, and certifications.
- Leadership – Is a collaborative, engaged, and active participant on the Association Leadership team, including communicating in an effective and timely manner and making sound decisions. This includes, but is not limited to, actively supporting the annual campaign, fundraising, special events, Association initiatives and program teams.
- Programming - Plan, develop, implement, provide, and maintain high quality programming in accordance with Association protocols and priorities and licensing guidelines, and in adherence with all Y Brand guidelines.
- Relationship Building – Develop positive relationships that lead to greater awareness of the Y’s mission and impact, growth in number of people served, as well as revenue.
- Personal Growth – Maintains a high degree of emotional maturity and interpersonal skills and is committed to personal growth and skill acquisition.
- Data Collection – Maintain accurate and consistent data tracking as required.
- Budgeting – Ensure budgeting parameters are followed in alignment with Association goals, priorities, and resources.
- Perform other duties as assigned