Looking for a job where you can have fun AND make a difference in your community?
We provide job training! Free membership! 50% off programming! Advancement opportunities! Paid Time Off!
Looking for a job where you can have fun AND make a difference in your community? Consider the Y!
The YMCA of Southern Maine is a charitable community organization committed to building strong communities through programs and services for all. We value diversity and inclusion, and actively work to create a safe, welcoming place for our neighbors.
Find meaning, build community and enjoy incredible job satisfaction in service of the YMCA's charitable nonprofit mission to serve all.
The Y's School Age and Summer Camp programs in Biddeford, ME offer children ages 5-12 a happy, healthy, nurturing experience. We are looking for a dynamic, committed Youth Development leader to help us grow our Before-and-After School and Summer Camp into a robust, child-centered program that meets the needs and exceeds the expectations of our community. We want all children at the Y to develop the social and emotional skills to become happy people, lifelong learners, and responsible citizens.
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Under direction of the Executive, the Team Leader oversees their program(s) in alignment with, and support of, the YMCA of Southern Maine’s priorities, protocols, and values.
Essential Functions and Expectations: Using a collaborative coaching approach, provide guidance and leadership for the program(s) they oversee. This includes:
- Staffing Oversight (if applicable) – Hire, train, coach, schedule, review, and hold accountable staff to maintain high morale and provide excellent service. This includes the Y’s Accountability Pledge, personnel policy, protocols, and safety standards for staff, facilities, and program participants/members.
- Inclusion - Honor the YMCA of Southern Maine’s Promise Statement. Models a commitment to equity and inclusion. Creates a safe environment that helps all feel welcome and respected. Promotes feelings of mutual respect, acceptance, and appreciation. Supports people with unique experiences or points of view to share their perspectives.
- Staffing Administration (if applicable) – Ensure accurate timecards, consistent documentation, and maintenance of training records, licensing requirements, and certifications.
- Leadership – Is a collaborative, engaged, and active participant on the Association Leadership team, including communicating in an effective and timely manner and making sound decisions. This includes, but is not limited to, actively supporting the annual campaign, fundraising, special events, Association initiatives and program teams.
- Programming - Plan, develop, implement, provide, and maintain high quality programming in accordance with Association protocols and priorities and licensing guidelines, and in adherence with all Y Brand guidelines.
- Relationship Building – Develop positive relationships with the outside community that lead to greater awareness of the Y’s mission and impact, growth in number of people served, as well as revenue.
- Data Collection – Maintain accurate and consistent data tracking as required.
- Budgeting – Develop, implement, and accurately maintain a program budget and forecast in alignment with Association goals, priorities, and resources.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Incredible Employee Benefits:
- Casual, but professional work environment with a positive culture focused on relationship building and the Y's mission.
- Generous Paid Time Off Policy granted Immediately upon hire: 224 hours of PTO (prorated based on hire date), five days of Floating Holiday and six paid Holidays.
- Cost-shared premium with Health, Dental. Employer paid Short & Long Term Disability and Life insurance.
- Seven percent (7%) employer contribution toward Retirement plan (when eligible).
- Free Family YMCA membership and 50% off program fees (including camp and child care).