Responsible for planning, development, fiscal management, administration of complete YMCA swim program.
**This position will start in January 2023**
Responsible for planning, development, fiscal management, administration of complete YMCA swim program. The position includes supervision of indoor pool, along with hiring, training, scheduling, and evaluating program.
Reports To: Operations Director
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's Degree (BA) from a four-year college or university, or one to two years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Essential Duties: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure national quality standards are met or exceeded in all program areas.
- Directly supervises the lifeguards and lifeguard trainer staff.
- Oversee pool schedules
- Plan and implement aquatic emergency drills.
- Work cooperatively with Association Branch staff regarding teen and community programs.
- Develop written goals and objectives annually that align with branch results in areas of program and membership.
- Attend appropriate meeting and trainings.
- Hire, train, supervise and evaluate all staff under your direct supervision in a consistent and timely manner.
- Keep staff schedule complete and current.
- Interviews and hire new staff.
- Observe swim instructors and team staff to assure program quality on a regular schedule.
- Communicate with instructors and team staff in a caring and professional manner.
- Time sheet check and verification of hours worked by staff.
- Maintain current working knowledge of programs.
- Instruct lessons as needed.
- Lifeguard as needed.
- Communicate with member/parents of concerns, changes, credits or transfers.
- Develop new programs to ensure that programs are reflecting the needs of the community.
- Responsible for regular inspection of equipment and to follow up with maintenance should repairs be needed.
- Monitor phone calls, e-mails and return messages in a timely manner.
- Plan yearly budget and monitor monthly reports.
- Provide supervisor with appropriate information to prepare annual report.
- Keep up with all of the YMCA's safety policies and procedures.
- Other responsibilities as determined by your supervisor
- Follow and enforce all relevant Association and Branch policies.
- Exemplify the YMCA character development principles at all times.