GENERAL FUNCTION: The Senior Program Director is responsible for the overall management and development of year-round camping programs in accordance with all Greater Wichita YMCA policies, procedures and standards. The Senior Program Director is accountable for all aspects of camp operations, including fiscal management, financial development, staff management and all regulations. It is anticipated that an average work week will consist of 50 hours to accomplish the assigned duties.
The Camp Director is responsible for creating and implementing policies and procedures that create the highest level of youth development and fun by leading and directing ALL camp operations in the following areas:
1. STAFF DEVELOPMENT
a) Recruit, hire and train staff to serve all aspect of camp – summer and year-round.
b) Manage a participant-focused culture among camp staff based on relationship building, active listening and service above self.
c) Hold camp staff accountable to providing a safe and fun environment at all camp locations.
d) Ensure that all Association personnel policies and procedures are adhered to within the program sites.
2. PROGRAM OPERATIONS
a) Develop and maintain relationships with community partners, businesses, and schools to promote and grow summer camp participation and year-round programs and rentals.
b) Ensure that the program participant experience is at the center of everything we do.
c) Develop and implement new program components and year-round rental opportunities for all types of camps.
d) Create and maintain an atmosphere that values diversity and inclusion.
e) Be visible to staff and program participants.
f) Facilitate program audits to ensure quality, safety, compliance, and customer satisfaction.
g) Ensure any licensing and accreditation standards are met per the KDHE guidelines.
3. FACILITY MANAGEMENT
a) Maintain Camp Hyde grounds year-round – daily building inspections/walk-throughs, water testing, mowing, etc.
b) Collaborate with YMCA branches and community locations that hold YMCA camps for well maintained and safe spaces.
c) Collaborate with the Association Operations Team for preventive maintenance for Camp Hyde
4. FISCAL MANAGEMENT
a) Accountable for annual budget development, monthly budget monitoring, and achievement of budget.
b) Implement strategies to grow program enrollment through successful, high-quality programs and great customer service.
c) Maintain and be thoroughly knowledgeable with systems of financial control including revenues, expenses and inventories as outlined in the Operational Manual.
5. STRONG COMMUNITY CAMPAIGN | FINANCIAL DEVELOPMENT
a) Engage, lead, and support staff to participate and accomplish their respective donor and volunteer recruitment goals.
b) Achieve continued growth in participant giving.
c) Prospect new Strong Community Campaign donors, close the gap with front line staff, hold staff accountable to goal for program area.
d) Actively participate and attain goals for special events.
a) Demonstrate four-character values: caring, respect, honesty and responsibility.
b) Association goals and strategies are adhered to and effectively communicated to staff and volunteers.
c) Maintain complete familiarity with all risk management procedures and policies.
d) Monitor and manage systems, drills and training related to risk management and safety for participants and employees.
e) Adhere to all systems and procedures as outlined in the Association’s operational manual.
f) Participate in association-wide projects when needed.
g) All other duties as assigned.
EFFECT ON END RESULT: Leadership and guidance is provided that achieves goals with high levels of participation, satisfaction and retention, active and able volunteers and employees, and generous supporters.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Child Care or Social Services
2. Must have a minimum of 3 years management experience
3. Camp certifications preferred
4. Certifications in CPR, AED, First Aid and O2 certification or acquire within 60 days of hire
5. Must attend New Employee Orientation within 30 days of hire
1. Commitment to YMCA mission, vision, and values
2. Ability to lead and direct a team to reach organizational goals
3. Ability to communicate effectively; both oral and written
4. Ability to effectively supervise and motivate staff and volunteers
5. Ability to secure resources and support
6. Ability to interpret, implement, and enforce all regulations
1. Organizational and time management skills
2. High levels of alertness, concentration, and initiative
3. Analytical with strong attention to detail and accuracy
4. Able to stand, walk or sit for prolonged periods; occasionally stoop/bend
5. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds