Four Townes Family YMCA-Deltona
Silver Bay YMCA
Silver Bay YMCA
The YMCA of Greater Long Beach is looking for a dynamic cause driven leader to join our Los Altos Family YMCA Branch team as the Associate Executive Director.
BRANCH SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
Under the direction of the Executive Director the Associate Executive Director will develop, implement, and manage branch operating plans to promote Membership, Group Exercise, Aquatics and Youth Sports growth. Associate Executive Director is responsible for financial management that sustains the Y’s nonprofit business model while maximizing growth potential. Serve as a branch leader that values and supports the many facets of philanthropy as an essential component in achieving the Y’s mission.
The Associate Executive Director must be able to lead and manage people to execute exemplary customer service, high quality programs and clean, well-maintained facilities, and build lifelong connections. The Associate Executive Director must be or become a subject matter expert and innovator in the core programs of the Y including but not limited to membership, health and wellness, aquatics, sports, family programs and philanthropy.
Oversees assigned areas of a YMCA branch, which may include membership, marketing, programs, and/or facilities. Participates in volunteer and staff development, financial development, community relations and collaborations with community agencies.
1. Establishes with the branch leadership team long range plans for the expansion of programs and services, in harmony with overall YMCA objectives.
2. Provides staff support for assigned committees. Provides staff leadership for annual support campaign.
3. Represents and promotes the YMCA in the local community and develops positive working relationships with other organizations, businesses, and governmental entities. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community agencies in service delivery area.
4. Recruits, hires, trains, develops and directs employees and volunteers. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
5. Develops, manages, and monitors assigned operating budgets to meet or exceed targets. Recommends adjustments to the budget to assure a balanced operation and submits reports on current operations.
6. Develops and directs high quality member engagement strategies and programs which support branch and Association mission, goals, and strategies. May direct branch marketing and communication efforts.
7. May ensure the maintenance of facilities and properties of the branch to assure high standards of maintenance, safety, cleanliness and to assure that the requirements of regulatory codes are fully met.
8. Serves as a member of YMCA management and supports the overall objectives of the YMCA.
YMCA Competencies (Multi-Team or Branch Leader)
Mission Advancement: Reinforces the Y’s values within the organization and the community. Effectively communicates the benefits and impact of the YMCA’s efforts for all stakeholders. Implements effective systems to develop volunteers at program, fundraising, and policy leadership levels. Secures resources and support for all philanthropic endeavors.
Collaboration: Develops strategies to ensure staff and volunteers reflect the community. Builds and nurtures strategic relationships to enhance support for the YMCA. Serves as a community leader building collaborations based on trust and credibility to advance YMCA mission and goals. Communicates for influence to attain buy-in and support of goals. Provides tools and resources for the development of others.
Operational Effectiveness: Integrates multiple thinking processes to make decisions. Involves members and community in the development of programs and activities. Ensures execution of plans. Institutes sound accounting procedures, investment policies and financial controls. Assigns clear accountability and ensures continuous improvement.
Personal Growth: Fosters a learning environment embracing diverse abilities and approaches. Creates a sense of urgency and positive tension to support change. Anticipates challenges that can sidetrack or derail growth and personal learning. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
Environmental Factors: Indoor and outdoor facilities (e.g. kitchen and recreational sites); exposure to heat, cold, potentially hazardous chemicals, toxic materials; work on slippery or uneven surfaces. Noise level is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, talk, hear, stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift, push, pull, and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.