Enjoy developing and implementing high quality YMCA programs for diverse communities? Come join us in the beautiful Pacific Northwest!
We are looking for a Senior Director of Child Care to join our dynamic Mill Creek YMCA team! Are you a passionate, caring leader looking to support an efficient team, improve the quality of school age child care programs and ensure program growth? We are looking for a cause-driven community builder who models values of honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring, who wants a job that is not transactional, but transformational. Come to work each day knowing that what you do has an impact on the lives of the people in your community.
- FREE family YMCA membership
- Education Advance: Up to $2,000 per year
- FREE training offered for all positions & get paid while you train for your job!
- 100% discount for dependent children enrolled in YMCA of Snohomish County licensed school-age care/licensed Discovery camp
- 20% off all programs and services
- Free access to mental health resources
- Competitive benefits package for full-time staff including: Medical, dental, life and long term disability insurance
- Paid time off (available after 90 days) and 8 paid holidays
- Retirement paid at 12% annual compensation after 2 years of service (minimum 1,000 hours worked in each year)
- Cheery, dynamic cause-driven work environment, like no other!
- Flexible work schedules and a family-friendly environment.
- Opportunity to grow: When you work at the Y, you will be encouraged to try new things and grow your career. We have a solid reputation for hiring good people who do great things.
As the Senior Director of Child Care you will provide leadership to the day-to-day operations of nine school age child care programs. You will assist the general administration of the branch, including supervision, fiscal management, financial development, program administration, and development of community collaborations. In this role, you will develop relationships with community leaders, assess child care needs, and ensure overall program growth. You will make sure effective systems are in place to measure the quality of programs and services and to receive and respond to parents’ concerns and comments in a timely and appropriate manner. You will also develop an annual budget that reflects program goals and needs.
- Four or more years’ related experience supervising staff and managing programs for kids ages 5-12
- Minimum age 21
- Experience managing multiple program sites
- Meet qualifications established by Department of Child Youth and Families and provide documents of all requirements, including education credits, current negative TB test, Covid-19 vaccination*, MMR Vaccination or Antibody, and portable background check or have the ability to obtain within 60 days of employment
- Understands the YMCA is a public accommodation committed to inclusion and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Experience working with individuals, families and communities of diverse backgrounds and abilities
- Plan, organize, and implement high quality developmentally appropriate programming
- Strong computer skills and experience with standard business software
- Strong professional written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in second language desired
*religious or medical exemption possible
- Manages, directs and coordinates the School Age Child Care programs for the Mill Creek Family Branch
- Ensures high quality programs and establishes new program activities
- Expands program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed
- Reviews and evaluates staff performance
- Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals
- Develops, manages and controls budgets related to the position
- Ensures program operates within budget and that program fees are collected
- Supports and budgets for healthy eating through coaching, mentoring, and monitoring menu quality
- Assures compliance with federal, state and local regulations as they relate to program areas, including ADA accommodations where appropriate
- Ensures that YMCA program standards are met and safety procedures followed
- Provides for upkeep of assigned program facilities and equipment and ensures the physical environment supports healthy living
- Develops and maintains relationships with state child care licensing agency, school administration, parent groups and other organizations and agencies related to assigned programs
- Responds to all agency, parent and community inquiries and complaints in a timely manner
- Provides staff leadership for annual fund raising campaign and committees as assigned
- Maintains proper records/department files
- Organizes special events for parents
- Assists in YMCA fund raising activities
- Assists with Program Committee meetings
- Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information
- Compiles program statistics
- Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in program
- Performs other duties as assigned
Cause-Driven Leadership Competencies
Build relationships with a diverse membership base in culturally responsive ways, connect members with one another and to the YMCA. Exhibit Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility. Complete required training and certifications within established guidelines.
Embrace Multi-Team Leader Core Competencies:
- Reinforces the Y’s values within the organization and the community
- Effectively communicates the benefits and impact of the Ys efforts for all stakeholders
- Implements effective systems to develop volunteers at program, fundraising, and policy leadership levels
- Secures resources and support for all philanthropic endeavors
- Develops strategies to ensure staff and volunteers reflect the community
- Builds and nurtures strategic relationships to enhance support for the Y
- Serves as a community leader building collaborations based on trust and credibility to advance the Y’s mission and goals
- Communicates for influence to attain buy-in and support of goals
- Provides tools and resources for the development of others
- Integrates multiple thinking processes to make decisions
- Involves members and community in the development of programs and activities
- Ensures execution of plans
- Institutes sound accounting procedures, investment policies, and financial controls
- Assigns clear accountability and ensures continuous improvement
- Fosters a learning environment embracing diverse abilities and approaches
- Creates a sense of urgency and positive tension to support change
- Anticipates challenges that can sidetrack or derail growth and personal learning
- Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology
Our Commitment to Inclusion:
The Y is made up of people of all ages and from every walk of life, working side by side to strengthen communities. Together we work to ensure that everyone, regardless of ability, age, cultural background, ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, ideology, income, national origin, race or sexual orientation, has the opportunity to reach their full potential with dignity. Our core values are caring, honesty, respect and responsibility—they guide everything we do. The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates diversity at all levels of our organization!