The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community.
Salary: $80,000.00 - $90,000.00
The YMCA of Greater New York is seeking a Network Engineer who will provide onsite and remote support of network infrastructure, including but not limited to servers, firewalls, network switches, access points, and universal power supplies. The Engineer should possess a strong customer service orientation, good technical skills, integrity, and a passion for excellence.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or related field or equivalent work experience.
- At least three years of experience in working with technology operations and teams, with at least three years working with a broad spectrum of technologies including network and data security, SD-WAN, server virtualization, storage systems, backup/archive, high availability, disaster recovery and VoIP.
- Working knowledge of firewall rules and switching concepts.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory and mobile devices running IOS and Android.
- CCENT/Network + required. CCNA, preferred.
- Fortinet NSE 4, 5, 7, preferred.
- Working knowledge with Fortinet, Meraki, and Cisco Preferred.
- Working knowledge of Intrusion Detection\Prevention Systems, firewalls, ACLs and encryption technologies.
- Tools, techniques, and standards used to conduct penetration testing of networks and applications is desirable.
- Knowledge of cybersecurity frameworks, particularly NIST.
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail with ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Handle escalated support requests/issues, from all branches and offsites, escalated from Helpdesk/Desktop Support/App Support.
- Research and maintain proficiency in tools, techniques, countermeasures, and basic trends in computer and network vulnerabilities and exploits.
- Exercise incident, problem, availability, configuration and change management functions.
- Support Windows, Apple, and Android devices from a networking perspective.
- Support VPN software client and various other network applications.
- Other responsibilities as assigned, including traveling to NYC branches if necessary.
- Other activities and duties as needed that address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff and members.
- Follow and maintain sanitary habits in accordance with CDC guidelines.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please complete our online application and submit your résumé and a thoughtful cover letter that explains your interest in the role and our organization.
If you are a current YMCA employee, please submit your application through the Internal Career Center in Cornerstone.
** New Requirement**
All potential YMCA of Greater New York employees are required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Please use the “Additional Attachment” section on the online application to upload your proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
YMCA OF GREATER NEW YORK | Where there's a Y, there’s a way.