Now Hiring - Gymnastics Director for the Westport Weston Family YMCA
The Gymnastics Director will be responsible for oversight of the Gymnastics Program in our newly renovated state of the art facility. This position will lead our talented coaches and competitive teams at all levels.
- Must have Current USA Competitive Coach Membership with all required trainings complete including: Safety Certification, Background Check, Fundamental Gymnastics Instruction Course, US Center for Safe Sport, Tough Coaching or Emotional Abuse, Safe Sport Policy, and Concussion Education Course;
- Must be at least 21 years of age with at least 10 years of supervisory and leadership experience in a competitive & developmental gymnastics program. College level experience preferred;
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Must have excellent interpersonal communication and administrative skills to include knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Must possess and maintain CPR and First Aid Certifications as well as Child Abuse Training within six months of employment;
- Must have previous experience in working with children ages 3 and older. Must complete Safe Sport Training within 30 days of employment.
- Responsible for the vision, development, and execution of a high-level competitive gymnastics program;
- Will assume Head Coaching Responsibilities including coaching level 3-10 & elite gymnasts, oversight of the development program and leading a dance/tumble exhibition program;
- Manage the Gymnastics Program Manager for all department daily operations and member communications;
- Work closely with the Gymnastics Program Manager to accurately and efficiently execute customer transactions, registrations, and payments for gymnastics teams;
- Work closely with the Gymnastics Program Manager to manage and coordinate all competitive and non-competitive gymnastics programming;
- Oversee the developmental and competitive gymnastics at the WWFY including special events, workshops, summer team programs, and coaching clinics;
- Responsible for developing an annual plan to increase enrollment of classes and team while achieving more presence in the community;
- Design and coordinate competition and retail apparel for all competitive athletes and family;
- Take ownership of designing a master schedule for the gymnastics center that will serve all program areas and maximize utilization of the space;
- Responsible for recruiting high quality staff; develop and implement training to coaches, mentoring and coaching to staff in order to deliver a high quality program focused on developing excellent gymnastics skills with the YMCA philosophy;
- Develop and oversee an exhibition program to fill the demand for a dance/tumbling group experience;
- Evaluate our current offerings and find ways to improve them;
- Ensure quality customer service to our members;
- Manage the budget for the gymnastics department;
- Administer mid-year and end of season progress reports for all competitive gymnasts;
- Perform employee evaluations annually;
- Complete by-weekly payroll for Gymnastics Department;
- Conduct regular staff meetings;
- Responsible for the development for all lesson plans in accordance to proper progressions of gymnastics
- Maintain the highest safety standards consistent with the YMCA and USAG standards;
- Ensure the safety of members and staff through the proper implementation and administration of Risk Management policies;
- Understand the YMCA Character Development values and implement them in the department and daily activities
- Developing new ways to bring in additional sources of revenue to the Gymnastics Center;
- Evaluation of programs/instructors and member satisfaction surveys.
Cause-Driven Leadership Competencies
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the person’s point of view and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgements, transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, certifies tasks, plans work, and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths, and limitations, and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well. Uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.