YMCA of Westfield
Hornell Area Family YMCA
MetroWest YMCA Inc.
The Y Academy Stoneham in Stoneham Massachusetts seeks a Director II qualified professional for 130 child licensed capacity Infant, Toddler and Preschool program with potential for growth. The ideal candidate will further develop and implements high quality STEAM programming, utilizing best practices as developed through EEC, YUSA and others. We are looking for a true leader, a team-builder, an advocate for employees and a great motivator of staff!
· At the YMCA of Metro North, we value and respect educators! Our goal is to provide a supportive work environment that promotes a quality work/life balance.
· We offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits including subsidized health and dental, voluntary vision and 403b option. The Y provides 12% retirement after meeting certain vesting requirements.
· Full Family Membership to the YMCA of Metro North
· Paid professional development opportunities.
· Generous holiday and vacation package for full time employees.
· EEC Director ll Qualified Required
· Bachelor's degree or higher in Early Education is preferred.
· Two-five years related experience as a Director of Early Education childcare programs.
· Experience with NAEYC Accreditation, preferably successfully leading child care program through NAEYC Accreditation.
· Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
· Candidates must possess high energy and display an enthusiastic demeanor.
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds. Must have physician’s clearance to work with young children.
· CPR/AED, First Aid
· EEC Required Training
· Safety Training as Assigned
· Manages, directs and coordinates all logistics on the early learning preschool program. Ensures a high quality and safe program that integrates learning standards and best practices in program activities and curriculum.
· Expands program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
· Maintains NAEYC accreditation.
· Recruits, hires, trains and develops staff schedules that ensures EEC child/staff ratios.
· Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
· Develops, manages, and controls budgets related to the position. Ensures program operates within budget.
· Assures full compliance with EEC regulations and policies.
· Ensures that YMCA program standards are met and safety procedures followed.
· Provides for upkeep of assigned program facilities and equipment and ensures the physical environment supports healthy living.
· Develops and maintains relationships with EEC and Metro North YMCA Association and other organizations and agencies related to Early Learning Programs. Responds to all agency, parent and community inquiries and complaints in a timely manner.
· Provides staff leadership for annual fundraising campaign and committees as assigned.
· Maintains proper records/department files.
· Assists in YMCA fund raising activities.
· Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information.
· Compiles program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in program.
· Attends 20 hours of formal professional development per calendar year as dictated by EEC.
· Organizes family engagement events
· Supports the Melrose Family YMCA and YMCA of Metro North events