YMCA of Westport/Weston CT Inc.
Fantastic opportunity .... just 60 miles from Chicago with two pools. The perfect setting to showcase your coaching skills!
Kishwaukee Family YMCA
Swim Team Head Senior Coach
Job Title: Swim Team Head Senior Coach Department: Dekalb County Swim team
FLSA Status: Exempt full-time Salary range $45 – 50K Reports to: Operations Executive
Time off benefits (Vacation, personal days & holidays), Health, dental & vision insurance. Retirement plan. Free YMCA family membership. Forward resumes to Eric Petre, Executive Director [email protected]
· Directs, supervises, and oversees the entire DCST program to meet YMCA objectives, standards, and guidelines.
· Establishes new program activities and expands program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations.
· Coaches DCST swim team members, 13 years of age and up in competitive swimming/strength development techniques.
· Supervises with other swim team member age groups
· Develops and maintains member connections through the DCST programs
· Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules, and directs personnel and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals. Ensure records of staff certifications are current and complete.
· Remains current in all YMCA and USA Swimming swim team requirements, certifications, and guidelines
· Schedules DCST swim team practices and swim meets
· Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information
· Develops and monitors DCST budget to meet fiscal objectives
· Assists in DCST fundraising activities and special events
· Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in a timely manner
· Compiles program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of participation in program
· Understands all related facility systems and equipment. Works in cooperation with facilities director as necessary
· Participates in staff meetings
· Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent preferred
· One to two years competitive swimming experience preferred
· Experience and knowledge of all four competitive swim strokes
· ASCA Level 3 or 4 preferred
· Completion of: Child Abuse Prevention for Supervisory Staff, Working with Program Volunteers, CPR for the Professional Rescuer, First Aid, AED, Bloodborne Pathogens, Safety Training for Swim Coaches, YMCA Principles of Swimming and Diving Coaching, USA swimming Concussion Protocol Training, USA Swimming Athlete Protection Training, USADA Coaches Advantage Tutorial.
· Lifeguarding certification, USA Swimming Background Check
· Must pass the USA Swimming Foundations 101 and 201 class
· Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions of position and to supervise program activities.
· Adequate ability to hear noises and distinguish distress signals without an electronic aid.
· Ability to continuously scan all areas of the pool with clear vision.
· Ability to communicate verbally, including projecting voice across distance in normal and loud situations.
· Ability to work in a chlorine environment.
· Ability to work in high humidity.
· Ability to work in temperatures over 80 degrees.
· Ability to work with noise level over 50 decibels.