Elizabeth Branch YMCA
The Gateway Family YMCA Elizabeth Branch seeks a Housing Director.
Come join The Gateway Family YMCA Elizabeth Branch! Located in Elizabeth, New Jersey, the Elizabeth Branch is a full-service YMCA providing programs and services addressing all age groups across a full spectrum of programs including Child Care, School Age Child Care, Health and Wellbeing, Housing, Summer Day Camp, and Youth and Teen.
Under the supervision of the Senior Housing Director, the Housing Director is responsible for the 24/7 housing operations including staff supervision, resident care, case management, communicating maintenance needs and adhering to city, county and state requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in social work, psychology or related field preferred or the equivalent experience in working in a human services field;
- 3 years case management experience
- 3 years supervisory experience
- MSW preferred
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with client and be able to resolve conflict effectively and cope with crisis situations
- Knowledge of client assessment, progress notes, success plans and appropriate documentation
- An ability to work with people of various ethnic, racial and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
- Ability to react and handle emergency situations
- Oversee the completion of resident intake, crisis intervention, education and orientation for new shelter residents, ensuring that ongoing advocacy and referrals occur.
- Assist shelter residents with setting and achieving goals that lead to empowerment and self-sufficiency.
- Use HMIS software to input client information, service provision, demographics, etc.
- Create reports showing outcomes and deliverables that can be distributed internally and to the general public.
- Supervisers, trains, evaluates and assigns duties to the staff; deletgate or monitor the intervention of interpersonal conflicts among residents.
- In collaboration wtih the Senior Housing Director, oversee Case Managers and all of the other housing staff with the ongoing maintenance of case files, progress notes, action plans and follow-up plans on all residents.
- Monitor and/or conduct the completion of exit interview as needed with residents leaving the shelter and provide appropriate follow-up.
- Coordinate with the Senior Director in the day-to-day operations of the shelter. Identify shelter maintenance needs ensuring the comfort and safety of all residents by implementing, monitoring and enforcing the rules and regulations of communal living and overseeing the maintenance of the building and grounds.
- Perform facility maintenance reviews and coordinate resolutions to issues or concerns.
- Responsible for the overall organization (including inventory of shelter needs such as general resident supplies and food for residents) and cleanlines of the facility through delegation and collaboration with shelter staff and residents.
- Ensure that precautions are taken to provide security and confidentiality of the shelter facility for all residents and staff.
- Perform other duties both within the program area and throughout the agency as requested or required by the Senior Director
- Complete appropriate paperwork in a timely and accurate manner
- May be asked or required to participate in training activities that facilitate the performance of job duties.
- Keep professional relationship with clients.
- Apply The Gateway Family YMCA personnel policies and procedures and all state and federal regulations that pertain to the workplace.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings.
- Must be available for staff calls and emergencies that may arise after hours or on weekends and respond to all calls promptly and thoughtfully.