The Heart of the Valley YMCA is seeking a highly motivated individual that can provide strong leadership as our Aquatics Director.
Oversee the operation of the aquatics program including staff supervision, budget development and implementation, new program design and implementation, evaluation and restructure of current programs.
EXPERIENCE/PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Willingness to carry out the mission of the YMCA and its programs.
- Ability to see that all business and safety records and procedures set up by the Association are completed accurately within the defined time schedule.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain all personal certifications needed to serve in this position.
- Ability to interpret, as well as, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to work independently and utilize initiative, ability to be organized and to meet deadlines.
- Ability to train staff.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to lead and implement trainings for lifeguards and swim instructors.
- Work to continue personal competency through education, outside literature, seminars, etc.
- Demonstrated record of individual development.
- Bachelor’s degree in physical education, recreation or equivalent preferred.
- Two or more years of supervisory experience in an aquatic program.
- Requires trainer-level certification in YMCA Swim lessons and lifeguarding.
- Proficient in the use of personal computers (Microsoft Word, Excel and Members ST).
- Able to work as a team leader and builder/member.
- Has a leadership presence in all situations.
- Able to work with diverse populations.
- Professional appearance and behavior.
- Able to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Able to research, analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Positive attitude.
- Adhere to drug-free, tobacco-free workplace policy.
- Desire to work in a YMCA setting in accordance with the YMCA mission.