Impact young minds while leading a dedicated, enthusiastic, and fun childcare team!
Are you enthusiastic and efficient? Do you love a challenge and welcome the opportunity to lead while developing lasting relationships? Are you looking for a welcoming and collaborative team where you will make a difference in your community?
Site Directors at the YMCA of Greater Cleveland are responsible for the effective operation of assigned childcare sites. You will administer Before and AfterSchool enrichment and Early Learning programs while managing and actively participating in childcare programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to drive between sites for assigned duties, trainings, or meetings.
- Clear communication with staff, students and caregivers.
- Walking, stooping, bending, and crouching at the child's eye level.
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
About YMCA of Greater Cleveland:
Our vision is to be the premier community-based, charitable organization, embracing collaborations to build strong kids, strong families and strong communities. Our mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all. Join the Greater Cleveland YMCA team in living our cause and helping to provide quality, safe and healthy programs and services in our community.
Benefits for eligible full time employees include:
- Free membership to your local YMCA and discounts to YMCA programs including childcare.
- Employee discounts at many places in and around town, just for being a YMCA of Greater Cleveland employee.
- Benefits Plan including Health, Dental, Vision and Employee Assistance Plan.
- Retirement including employer contribution upon meeting eligibility requirements.
- Paid vacation, sick and holiday time.
Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Passionate belief in the Y's cause of nurturing the potential of all youth, supporting healthy living for all people and finding ways to help and support our neighbors.
- Relate effectively with diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the
- Experience planning, creating, and implementing lesson plans.
- Ability to administer the program, fiscal, and personnel policies of the association.
- Possess managerial skills (ex. Continuous Improvement) to achieve the goals and objectives of the
- Ability to foster a collaborative team approach to solving challenging
- Ability to multitask and handle high volume of work and frequent shifts in priority.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office suite, Excel, and payroll/HRIS
Education & Certifications:
- Required: Education and/or certification to meet OCCRRA requirements for CPL 3.
- Associates Degree in relevant field preferred. In lieu of Associates Degree, High School diploma or GED and 5 years related work experience.
- Minimum 1-year experience supervising and managing childcare staff.
- Minimum 3 years' experience working with children in a licensed child care center, preschool, or school age environment, ideally with diverse populations.
- Minimum 2 years' experience with all ODJFS licensing procedures and Step Up to Quality requirements preferred.
- Within 30 days of hire, must obtain YMCA required safety training and certifications.