YMCA of Westfield
YMCA of Metuchen
Golden Corridor Family YMCA
Saugus’ Family YMCA is looking for an enthusiastic team player to lead the YMCA's Out of School time Program, which has a license of 91. The Y is situated on over 8 acres of land with a full facility building, and lots of outdoor space.
Develops, organizes and implements a high-quality YMCA Out-of-School Time program with a current licensed capacity of 91 children. Additionally, this person will oversee certain aspects of our summer Camp Hillside operations, ensuring a safe and impactful summer for all, with a focus on Youth Development, Healthy Living and Social Responsibility.
• Bachelor's or Associates degree in related field or equivalent.
• 2 years related experience, with time in a licensed childcare setting preferred.
• Minimum age of 21.
• Fulfillment of EEC hiring standards.
• Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
Physical Demands: Director must have sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions of position and to safely supervise children's and staff's activities.
REQUIRED TRAINING: CPR/AED, First Aid Red Woods Training as Assigned 20 hours of professional development completed on a yearly basis.
SKILLS: Excellent organizational skills, detailed oriented, ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, excellent telephone skills, ability to effectively communicate, understand the relationship of the general.
· Manages, directs and coordinates the Out-of-School Time program, ensuring high quality programming and activities using a STEAM model. Candidate will also help manage summer camp program for assigned location.
· Ensures compliance with all EEC Regulations, Policies and Procedures. Monitors daily camp operations to adhere to all state, local, and YMCA health and safety regulations. Monitors fulfillment of QRIS Level 2 program standards.
· Maintains enrollment levels within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
· Recruits, hires, trains and supervises the site coordinator, site personnel, camp counselors and other staff, and volunteers.
· Reviews and evaluates staff performance bi-monthly and annually. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
· Develops, manages and controls budgets related to the position. Ensures program operates within budget and that program fees are collected.
· Supports and budgets for healthy eating through coaching, mentoring, and monitoring menu quality.
· Ensures that YMCA program standards are met, and safety procedures are followed.
· Provides for upkeep of assigned program facilities and equipment and ensures the physical environment supports healthy living.
· Develops and maintains relationships with state childcare licensing agency, DCF, school administration, parent groups and other organizations and agencies related to assigned programs. Responds to all agency, parent and community inquiries and complaints in a timely manner.
· Ensures that staff and program are meeting QRIS and PQ Registry requirements.
· Follows YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies.
· Provides staff leadership for annual fundraising campaign and committees as assigned. Assists in YMCA fund raising activities.
· Pursues and maintains community relations and collaborations.
· Maintains proper records/department files.
· Organizes special events for parents.
· Work closely with the Billing and Contracts Manager and Case Manager to ensure all contracted slots and supportive slots are utilized.
· Orders supplies for the programs as needed.
· Meets with the other OST Directors within the Association to ensure the quality, safety, and administration of each site is consistent across the Association.
· Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information, may organize and schedule program registrations. May review and process program scholarship applications.
· Compiles program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in program.
The Y: We’re for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
· Work closely with other providers in the Program Site(s) Community to ensure that the YMCA remains a leader in our community in the area of Out-of-School Time programming.
· Facilitate monthly 2 hour staff meetings.
· Other tasks necessary and vital to performing the role of an EEC Licensed Program Administrator and Y-Professional Director.
· Secures facilities and admission for camp field trips and events.
· Secures and monitors daily transportation for OST program and for summer camp field trips.
Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Y’s values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to changing lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fund-raising.
Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.