YMCA of Norfolk Nebraska
YMCA of Metropolitan Fort Worth
Summit Area YMCA
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. Develops, organizes, and implements high-quality YMCA aquatics program(s) and direction. Oversees aquatic staff that may include: lifeguards, swim instructors, water fitness instructors, swim coaches, coordinators and program heads.
1. Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience.
2. YMCA Team Leader or Multi-Team Leader certification preferred.
3. Minimum of four years working as a lifeguard, swim instructor, water fitness instructors or swim coach.
4. Minimum age of 21.
5. Ability to maintain certificate level of physical and mental readiness for applicable certifications.
6. Ability to think in the abstract, solve problems, and make quick decisions under stress.
7. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
8. Ability to direct programs through supervision of volunteers and staff, development and monitoring of budgets, marketing and public relations, program development and fundraising.
9. Knowledge and experience in the recruitment, training, and supervision of professional staff.
10. Proven track record of developing authentic and deepened relationships with others.
Ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community organizations.
1. Under the supervision of the Executive Director, ensures aquatics programs and services meet community needs to include supervising existing program activities, establishing new program activities, and expanding the program within the community as needed. Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information.
2. Support the growth of the Silver Fins swim team through efficient lifeguard schedule management to accommodate the needs for the competitive and recreational swim, dive and masters teams.
3. Increase participation and retention within the swim lesson program as a lead instructor and trainer to the lesson staff. Develop a feeder system that includes the Silver Fins in the lesson continuum.
4. Provide direct service as a lifeguard weekly with additional direct service at aquatic specific events to include but not limited to fundraising, facility rentals, hosted swim meets and community wide aquatic activities.
5. Provide adequate safety coverage for all pool partners and outside rentals of our facility.
6. Expand aquatic outreach within local school districts through the onsite delivery of the Safety Around Water program as well as offsite Safety Around Water talks to students.
7. Recruits and hires diverse staff and volunteer teams across multiple dimensions of diversity. Onboards and develops them for success.
8. Ensures records of staff certifications are current and complete; provides training as needed.
9. Models relationship-building skills in all interactions. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations. Maintains regular, clear, and concise communication within area of responsibility.
10. Manages the program, including developing and monitoring the program budget to meet fiscal objectives; compiling program statistics to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of and participation in program; securing and scheduling the needed facilities; and creating and scheduling the classes, activities or events.
11. Complies with all Aquatics Cabinet responsibilities, including attending regular meetings.