Southern District YMCA/Camp Lincoln Inc.
Edison Branch YMCA
Wallingford Family YMCA
Ensures successful operation of the West Suburban YMCA Health and Wellness program including program development, staff supervision, community relations, collaborations, budgeting and financial results. Oversees the development and operations of Health and Wellness. Recruits, trains and supports selected staff. Provides liaison to committee(s) and advisory board(s). Develops, organizes and implements high quality, member-focused YMCA wellness programs.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
MEMBER SERVICE STATEMENT:
Members are the heart of this organization. They are the reason we exist. Members are the most important visitors we have, whether they visit by mail, phone or in person. They are not statistics and always deserve our respect. No matter what we are hired to do, satisfying member’s needs and wants are everyone’s first and most important responsibility.
1. Develops, implements, and manages operating plans to promote program and/or membership growth for the Health and Wellness program. Executes strategies to ensure that members and/or program participants connect with one another and connect with the YMCA.
2. Monitors monthly financial reports to assure that revenue targets are met and expenses are controlled.
3. Develops and controls department budgets related to the position.
4. Ensures operational growth of the YMCA Wellness program through program expansion, member / program recruitment and retention, pricing strategies, new site development and collaborations.
5. Recruits and hires diverse staff and volunteer teams across multiple dimensions of diversity. Onboards and develops them for success. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals. Models’ relationship-building skills and listen-first skills in all interactions.
6. Active support of our DEIB statement and putting into practice our commitment to equity, diversity, belonging and inclusion. Continue to research, create, recommend and implement strategies to support diversity goals of the organization.
7. Compile payroll bi-weekly and monitors daily hours for health and wellness staff.
8. Responsible for inputting wellness data into operating systems to ensure accurate data is recorded. Runs reports when required.
9. Provides leadership and support to the annual fundraising campaign and volunteer committees/ boards as assigned. Develops and maintains effective working relationships within the community.
10. Assures compliance with state and local regulations. Ensures that program standards are met and safety procedures are followed.
11. Ensures high-quality member-focused programs through innovative program development, evaluations and ongoing training of staff.
12. Develop and oversee the medically-based wellness programming such as Livestrong at the YMCA.
13. Provides data and reports to committees, Board of Directors, COO and the President/ CEO as needed.
14. Coordinate and/or participate in special events and activities to enhance the member experience and volunteer opportunities.
15. Implements and oversees a program evaluation system to guarantee faithfulness to the Y’s cause, and a high-quality commitment to YMCA standards and successful financial outcomes.
16. Ensures operational growth of the YMCA’s Health and Wellness program through program expansion, member / program recruitment and retention, pricing strategies, off –site venues and collaborations.
17. Sub-group exercise classes as needed.
18. Conduct or oversee monthly staff trainings for Wellness staff and ensure consistent safety / emergency response training is performed.
19. Actively support the Annual Campaign and be a department staff leader towards a successful team achievement.
20. Creates and schedules Group Exercise classes, fitness classes, staff schedules and personal training schedules.
21. Assist in the marketing and distribution of program information.
22. Ensure all group exercise instructors are in compliance with the minimum education, certification, and/or continuing education requirements of the department.
23. Oversee general management, cleanliness and upkeep of the group exercise and spinning studios, Wellness Center and related equipment.
24. Conduct inventory and order all operating supplies for the department.
25. Assume responsibility for all marketing collateral for the Wellness Department and follow association guidelines.
26. Compile program statistics. Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of and participation in program.
27. Ensure that proper training and growth opportunities are available to all staff and meet the requirements of the YMCA Leadership Competency Development Guide.
28. Ensure that all department and programs under your supervision meet the highest standards of program and member service quality and safety.
29. Work in earning LiveStrong certification to help administer LiveStrong at the WSY.
30. This is a seven-day/week department and will require a flexible schedule to maintain consistency and delivery of programs and services. Please prepare to observe your department at all hours of operation on a regular basis.
31. Perform all other duties as assigned.