Fox West YMCA
YMCA of Western North Carolina Inc.
Tampa Metropolitan Area YMCA
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Oversees the total operation of Indiantown Branch, St. Lucie Programs and Okeechobee Programs, including membership, marketing, programs, facilities, volunteer and staff development, financial development, community relations and collaborations with community agencies.
1. Bachelor's degree in human services, social services, business or equivalent.
2. Six or more years of management experience, preferably in a YMCA or another nonprofit agency.
3. Ability to direct total operations through volunteer development, supervision of staff, development and monitoring of branch budget, marketing and public relations, and program development.
4. Experience in management and development of volunteer involvement; ability to recruit top community leaders.
5. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of
the community and a proven track record of developing authentic relationships with others.
6. Ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community organizations.
7. YMCA Multi-Team or Branch Leader certification preferred.
8. CPR, AED and First Aid certifications required.
1. Directs the financial development activities of the Indiantown Branch and Okeechobee Programs.
2. Represents and promotes the YMCA in the local community and develops positive working relationships with other organizations, businesses, and governmental entities. Develops, maintains, and models collaborative relationships with community agencies in service delivery area.
3. Oversees the hiring, training, development and supervision of staff.
4. Develops, manages, and monitors the branch operating budget and meet or exceeds budget targets.
5. Directs branch strategic planning efforts and develops the annual operating plan of the branch.
6. Develops and directs high-quality relationship-based member engagement strategies. Models relationship-building skills in all interactions with staff, volunteers, members, and the community.
7. Fosters a climate of innovation to develop member-focused programs which support the Y mission, goals, and strategies.
8. Ensures the safety and maintenance of high-quality facilities, grounds, and equipment.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Mission Advancement: Reinforces the Ys values within the organization and the community. Effectively communicates the benefits and impact of the YMCA’s efforts for all stakeholders. Implements effective systems to develop volunteers at program, fundraising, and policy leadership levels. Secures resources and support for all philanthropic endeavors.
Collaboration: Develops strategies to ensure staff and volunteers reflect the community. Builds
and nurtures strategic relationships to enhance support for the YMCA. Serves as a community leader
building collaborations based on trust and credibility to advance YMCA mission and goals. Communicates for influence to attain buy-in and support of goals. Provides tools and resources for the development of others.
Operational Effectiveness: Integrates multiple thinking processes to make decisions. Involves members and community in the development of programs and activities. Ensures execution of plans. Institutes sound accounting procedures, investment policies and financial controls. Assigns clear accountability and ensures continuous improvement.
Personal Growth: Fosters a learning environment embracing diverse abilities and approaches. Creates a sense of urgency and positive tension to support change. Anticipates challenges that can sidetrack or derail growth and personal learning. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.