Bedell Family YMCA
YMCA Youth & Family Services
Franklin Branch YMCA
Be the change you want to see! The WSY is seeking an experienced program manager to continue the successfulness of our programs at our current facility at 276 Church Street, as well as our new location at 135 Wells Ave.
Complete oversight and management of assigned areas of a YMCA branches, (Church Street and Wells Ave.) with the main focus on programming. Position will provide supervision and leadership for the following departments: Aquatics, Sports, Family Services, Creative Arts and Residential Services. Position will pride itself on staff development, financial development, community relations, innovation and collaborations. Position reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in staff development, budget accountability, program development, community involvement, member-centered customer service and retention as well as being a people oriented individual with a focus on constantly improving the member experience. Preferred candidate should have experience working with diverse populations and general operations. Candidate must possess the ability to multi-task in an extremely fast paced, ever changing, demanding environment. Excellent opportunity for a progressive, goal-oriented leader who achieves positive outcomes by developing/leading a strong team resulting in measurable organizational and community impact. Our ideal candidate is data-driven, positive and inspirational, empathetic, outgoing, approachable, hands-on, a quick problem-solver, has strong conflict resolution methods, solid judgement, an excellent communicator and has great work ethic and integrity. Experience with oversight of Early Education & Care programs is a plus.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
MEMBER SERVICE STATEMENT:
Members are the heart of this organization. They are the reason we exist. Members are the most important visitors we have, whether they visit by mail, phone or in person. They are not statistics and always deserve our respect. No matter what we are hired to do, satisfying members’ needs and wants are everyone’s first and most important responsibility.
1. Bachelor's degree in human services, recreation, exercise science business or related field preferred.
2. In addition to preferred education, three years related experience or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
3. Five or more years of progressive management experience, preferably in a YMCA or other not-for-profit agency.
4. Ability to direct assigned operations including volunteer development, supervision of staff, development and monitoring of budgets and program development/management.
5. Prefer knowledge of and previous experience with Health and Wellness, Aquatics, Family Services, Creative Arts, etc.
6. Ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community organizations.
7. Excellent interpersonal, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
8. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic
segments of the community.
9. Y USA Multi-Team/Branch Leader certification preferred.
10. CPR, First Aid & other program-specific certifications required upon or after hire.
1.Establish, with the branch leadership team, long range plans for programs and services in harmony with overall YMCA objectives. Consistently setting goals and creating innovative strategies to meet goals.
2.Provide staff leadership and nurture professional, authentic relationships. Encourages teamwork to empower your team to succeed. Positive role model, outgoing and approachable. Great conflict resolution skills to de-escalate member issues that arise from time to time. Committed to producing results, while understanding unique challenges and needs of department and team members. Great role model that exhibits honesty, transparency and willingness to jump in and cover needs for the Welcome Center when needed.
3.Consistently works on building relationships with members. Is present and out in the facility talking to members about their experiences, what we can do better, what we are doing well. Engage in active listening with members in order to build relationships, understand individual's goals and interests and take the initiative to assist in the achievement of those goals.
4.Recruit, hire, train, develop and direct employees and volunteers as needed. Review and evaluate staff performance. Develop strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals. Facilitates communication and provides leadership. Models relationship building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions.
5.High level of proficiency in internal systems (CCC, ADP, SGA, steps for website registration) to help lead and develop direct staff. Ensures direct staff understands the systems, how to run reports as applicable, etc.
6.Ensure that proper training and growth opportunities are available to all staff and meet the requirements of the YMCA Leadership Competency Development Guide.
7.Oversee monthly staff trainings for each department and ensure consistent safety/emergency response training is performed. Maintain complete familiarity of all risk management procedures and policies for departments and the overall branch. Ensures all accidents and incidents are reported involving self, participants, guests and other employees. Maintains a safe work environment, free of clutter, debris and hazardous conditions and ensures cleanliness of facility.
8.Develop, manage and monitor assigned operating budgets to meet or exceed targets. Recommend adjustments to the budget to assure a balanced operation and submit reports on current operations.
9.Assures compliance with state and local regulations. Ensures that YMCA program standards are met and safety procedures followed. Responsible for working with departments requiring compliance with EEC licensing regulations and preparing for licensing renewal visits.
10. Ensures all Department Operations are consistent with the Association procedures. This includes safety, insurance, incident/accident reports, purchasing, HR and payroll procedures, accounting, and Y-USA standards and maintains appropriate logs and records. Provides data and reports as required for assigned programs.
11. Work closely with the Marketing and Communications department to coordinate all promotional efforts, cross promote each department and use social media to its best outcomes.
12. Expand, develop and promote inclusion programming in all aspects and departments.
13. Represent the Y in our schools and community to position us as partner who can provide solutions to common challenges.
14. Stays in tune with Y-USA signature programs and implements as appropriate.
15. Develop and direct high quality member engagement strategies and programs which support branch and Association mission, goals and strategies.
16. Compile statistics including program enrollment. Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of and participation in initiatives.
17. Ownership of the Association Comment and Suggestion System.
18. Responsible for the resolution of member and staff conflicts and the documentation of those situations.
19. Foster positive relationships with staff, program participants, community partners and volunteers.
20. Ownership over branch rentals and usage of space from outside agencies.
21. Ensure growth in Membership, Health & Wellness, Aquatics, Sports, Family Services and Creative Arts programs with the following effect on end results: growth in current programs and development of new innovative programs and partners, high program retention rate, positive written and oral comments from program participants and members regarding good experiences with programs and staff, well-managed staff with high performance.
22. Maintain a professional image and manner consistent with the YMCA mission and goals. Effectively communicate the mission, vision and values of the West Suburban YMCA.
23. All of the assigned departments operate seven-days a week and will require a flexible schedule to maintain consistency and delivery of programs and services. Please prepare to observe your department at all hours of operation on a regular basis.
24. Establishes with the branch leadership team long range plans for expansion of programs and services, in harmony with overall YMCA objectives.
25. Other related duties assigned.
⦁Act as liaison with the management consultants Newton Community Development Foundation (NCDF), Newton Housing Authority (NHA), outside auditors, consultants, Richman Group to ensure communications and resolve any occupancy, accounting, and resident issues.
⦁Oversee administration of Newton Corner Place rental payments, verify proper calculation of subsidy from HUD and NHA.
⦁Address maintenance issues utilizing the YMCA maintenance department, including monitoring the cleaners, and weekly, monthly, and annual room checks.
⦁Supervise and review all financial matters – accounts payable, accounts receivable, budget, monthly financials, and report same to owners’ agent.
⦁Prepare for year-end audit, review tax return, and maintain auditor relationship.
⦁Work with management consultant and Newton Housing Authority on placing tenants.
⦁Work with management consultant on arrearages, evictions and follow-up.
⦁Ensure that all necessary annual audits, inspections and reports are completed in a timely manner.
⦁Work with management consultant and maintenance on determining necessary repairs and/or capital improvements.
⦁Supervises Resident Services Coordinator (PT)
CPR and First Aid Certification
Required online trainings prior to starting.