The YMCA of the Triangle is an equal opportunity employer committed to valuing diversity and practicing inclusion. Join our team!
Under the supervision of the Chief Strategy Officer (CSO), the Senior Director of Learning and Leadership Development plays a leading role in defining and executing strategies that ensure the YMCA of the Triangle engages, develops, and rewards a diverse, talented and engaged workforce of Purpose-Driven leaders. The incumbent also provides support and services to the Regional Service Hub and seeks to maximize resources to better serve all Associations in the Hub’s network
YMCA of the Triangle
- Defines and leads YOTA’s LLD department’s direction and develops plans to effectively serve as a resource and support to the Association.
- Collaborates with Association departments (i.e., Risk, Financial Development, IT, Marketing & Communications) to ensure all training and development meets the Association standards and expectations for training design and delivery. Maintains clear, consistent internal communication related to Learning & Leadership Development.
- Works across the Association to assess individual learning needs and organizational capacity building opportunities. Develops comprehensive strategy to ensure growth and development of staff ties directly to the business imperatives of the organization.
- Promote programs and/or learning experiences (i.e., Teams, Projects, Summits, Schools, Conferences, etc.) that fill gaps and strengthen the Association.
- Serves as the Employee Engagement Champion, driving strategic direction for employee engagement in partnership with the Chief Strategy Officer and the Chief Human Resources Officer.
- Infuses Gallup strengths-based leadership in staff development through individual, team, and branch coaching.
- Defines and directs the facilitation of Association New Employee Experience. Specifically, assesses needs that will strengthen engagement and development of part-time and full-time staff as well as focus on organizational priorities, such as Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
- Provides leadership and strategic overview of systems to ensure that full-time staff meet YOTA and Y-USA Leadership and Program Certification expectations.
- Working directly with the Regional Service Hub Training Director, leads recruitment and development of LLD facilitators and Y-USA training teams; ensures they are skilled, supported, challenged, engaged and appreciated.
- Explores continuing education needs and develops strategies and systems to ensure needs are met through formal training, self-study, project development, coaching, and/or conference participation. Tailors resources to specific audiences.
- Directs the design/acquisition and implementation of new leadership development tools/resources (such as workshops, eLearning, Webinars, etc.) based on data and Association priorities.
- Ensures all content and delivery methods drive the desired behavior and mindset shift as well as building competence, confidence, and knowledge. Re-evaluates and updates as needed.
- Provide leadership, coaching and support to assigned Association Teams.
- Facilitates classes, trainings, virtual learning and coaching as needed.
- Provides post-training follow-up communication to continue learning implementation.
- Provides leadership and systems that support individual development of all staff. Specifically, ensures all full-time staff are living into the Performance Development model in place across the Association. Works with leaders to optimize engagement and development of part-time staff.
- Assists in the management of the LLD Department budget, allocating resources appropriately.
YOTA Regional Service Hub
- Provides leadership and support to the YOTA Regional Service Hub spread across 7 different states, by:
- Working with the CSO to cultivate and nurture effective relationships with CEOs, State Alliances, Y Leaders, and other key stakeholders in the region. Supporting service delivery by connecting Y’s to service delivery partners and/or other resources as needed.
- Supporting alignment of peer communities into the service delivery continuum and implementation of peer group strategy.
- Leading regional service hub communication strategy.
- Participating in Regional Service Hub leadership development sessions.
- Provides assistance to the CSO as needed to fulfill the service requirements of the Regional Service Hub.