Fantastic Experience as a Kitchen staff member at a Scenic Summer Camp!
Phantom Lake YMCA Camp has been providing positive experiences for children from across the country since 1896. At Phantom Lake YMCA Camp your child will develop new friendships, experience new activities, tap their creativity and increase their awareness of the world around them. Our campers grow in self-confidence, learn to work cooperatively with others, and improve their sense of responsibility and independence. These traits help a young person to be happier and more successful all year long.
- Perform a variety of food preparation duties other than cooking, such as preparing cold foods and shellfish, slicing meat, and brewing coffee or tea.
- Assist cooks and kitchen staff with various tasks as needed, and provide cooks with needed items.
- Carry food supplies, equipment, and utensils to and from storage and work areas.
- Clean and sanitize work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, or silverware.
- Cut, slice or grind meat, poultry, and seafood to prepare for cooking.
- Inform supervisors when equipment is not working properly and when food and supplies are getting low, and order needed items.
- Load dishes, glasses, and tableware into dishwashing machines.
- Make special dressings and sauces as condiments for sandwiches.
- Mix ingredients for green salads, molded fruit salads, vegetable salads, and pasta salads.
- Place food trays over food warmers for immediate service, or store them in refrigerated storage cabinets.
- Package take-out foods or serve food to customers.
- Portion and wrap the food, or place it directly on plates for service to patrons.
- Prepare a variety of foods, such as meats, vegetables, or desserts, according to customers' orders or supervisors' instructions, following approved procedures.
- Prepare and serve a variety of beverages such as coffee, tea, and soft drinks.
- Receive and store food supplies, equipment, and utensils in refrigerators, cupboards, and other storage areas.
- Remove trash and clean kitchen garbage containers.
- Scrape leftovers from dishes into garbage containers.
- Stock cupboards and refrigerators, and tend salad bars and buffet meals.
- Store food in designated containers and storage areas to prevent spoilage.
- Take and record the temperature of food and food storage areas, such as refrigerators and freezers.
- Use manual or electric appliances to clean, peel, slice, and trim foods.
- Vacuum dining area and sweep and mop kitchen floor.
- Wash, peel, and cut various foods, such as fruits and vegetables, to prepare for cooking or serving.
- Weigh or measure ingredients.
- Basic Kitchen tasks, including but not limited to, cooking, cleaning, and serving.
- No previous experience is necessary. Starting wage $10/hr. Up to $15/hr depending on experience.
- Learn how to work in a fast-paced kitchen environment located in a beautiful location on Phantom Lake in Mukwonago, WI.