Do you love kids? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with children? Do you have a need to give back to the community? Join the Y
- Golden Corridor Family YMCA is currently hiring Lead Head Start Teachers for its Taylor Family branch in Elgin, IL. Join a forward-thinking non-profit organization in furthering our mission to provide programs that build healthy spirits, minds, and bodies for all.
- Ability to plan, organize, and implement age-appropriate/developmentally appropriate program activities
- Ability to develop positive, authentic relationships with people from different backgrounds – with coworkers, parents, and children
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in child development or early childhood education required. Equivalent in related coursework will be considered.
- Will accept individuals enrolled in a program that will lead to an associate or baccalaureate degree or are enrolled in a CDA credential program to be completed within two years of the time of hire.
- Design and implement daily lesson/activity plans
- Supervise children, classroom, and all activities, ensuring the safety of all
- Make ongoing, systematic observations and evaluations of each child.
- Conduct parent conferences and maintain positive relationships and effective communication with parents
- Maintain program site and equipment. Report all needs/problems to maintenance and the Director
- Maintain required program records and paperwork.
- Attend and participate in program activities, staff meetings, and staff training
- Other duties as assigned