Find Your Purpose!
Marketing Director Job Opportunity!
The YMCA of Metropolitan Chicago is one of the largest associations of YMCAs in the nation. Our mission is to develop strong children, families, and communities across the Metropolitan Chicago area through academic readiness, character development, violence prevention, fitness, and healthy living. This position and team play a vital role in our ability to execute our mission.
The Marketing Director will lead the Association’s marketing activities across the entire portfolio — from centers to youth development to impact marketing. You will collaborate with stakeholders across the association to create seamless, integrated journeys across audiences and channels that drive meaningful engagements and accelerate sales opportunities. The Marketing Director will play a critical role in elevating the Y’s brand and marketing reach throughout Chicagoland and the Midwest, where the Association operates
Our staff is the Y's greatest asset. Our teams provide valuable skills, knowledge, and passion that is essential to the contribution and positive impact in our communities, which is why we offer Y employees numerous perks and benefits, including:
- Comprehensive benefits package for eligible employees
- Opportunity for eligible employees to participate in the Y's retirement fund
- Be part of a team that is passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable environment for all staff, volunteers, and members
- Do meaningful work and contribute to the advancement of the YMCA vision by meeting the needs of the people in our communities
- Complimentary Adult YMCA membership and an employee discount on select programs
- Career advancement opportunities - grow your career at the Y!
Minimum and Preferred Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or preferred equivalent
- Minimum of 6-8 years of related work experience
- Ability to develop campaign strategies, segment, and target audiences for engagement and conversion
- Top-notch verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Hands-on experience with campaign execution and an expert grasp of audience segmentation, as well as integrated nurture and outbound campaigns
- Ability to achieve results by taking a proactive long-term view of business goals and objectives
Scopes and Responsibilities
- Identify, develop, implement, and measure comprehensive marketing strategies that raise the profile of the YMCA of Metro Chicago, generates demand, influences value, and drives a dynamic marketing team
- Serve as primary point of contact with internal and external stakeholders for marketing campaigns, and serve as a subject matter expert to translate strategic business objectives into technical orchestration
- Drive improvement of program effectiveness through advanced audience segmentation, journey mapping, A/B testing, and deliverability
- Partner across departments to amplify the effectiveness of marketing campaigns, data integrity management, and new technology integrations
- Prepare reports for discussion and analysis of key marketing and business performance indicators and partner with Brand Strategy & Marketing leadership to identify advanced reporting needs, and analyze performance trends, CX insights, and best practices to provide optimization recommendations
- Build and manage a team of individual contributors focused on marketing, field marketing,
- Understand marketing best practices and stay ahead of global industry trends