Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture.
This position will create a full cycle recruiting experience, from talent sourcing and attracting candidates to interviewing and hiring great employees. This position will collaborate with department managers on a regular basis and proactively identify future hiring and volunteer needs. This position will be able to attract candidates using various sources, like social media networks and employee referrals. Ultimately, the responsibilities of the Coordinator are to ensure our YMCA attracts, hires and retains the best employees and volunteers.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working with or recruiting volunteers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or related field required. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted for bachelor’s degree.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Solid ability to conduct different types of interviews.
- Hands on experience with various selection processes.
- 6Familiarity with Human Resources databases, Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) and Candidate Management Systems (CMS)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Bi-lingual, English, and Spanish language, a plus.
- Ability to address difficult situations and conflicts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent personal computer skills and experience with standard business software.
- Ability to relate effectively with diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Must have good interpersonal, public relations and communications skills, including the ability to make oral presentations.
- Outgoing positive personality enjoys meeting and speaking to people.
- Develops volunteer recruitment and retention plans to ensure achievement of monthly, quarterly, and annually recruitment and retention goals.
- Meets and/or exceeds annual targets and goals for new volunteer recruitment and retention.
- Monitors volunteer analytics to include trend analysis and assure corrective action plans are in place to avert any downward trends.
- Attract volunteers using various sources such as social media networks and referrals.
- Works closely with branch teams to solicit support in achieving recruitment goals.
- Organizes volunteer events, and coordinates with the branches to represent the YMCA at community events to promote the YMCA.
- Creates a volunteer-focused culture and models relationship building skills in all interactions.
- Implements volunteer strategies that support retention of existing volunteers.
- Develop a communication plan to keep volunteers informed and engaged, i.e., newsletter etc.
- Develop a volunteer recruitment and retention committee.
- Develop and update job descriptions and job specifications.
- Actively searching and approaching candidates.
- Perform job and task analysis to document job requirements and objectives.
- Assess applicants’ relevant knowledge, skills, soft skills, experience and aptitudes.
- Screen candidate and volunteer resumes and applications.
- Conduct interviews using various reliable recruiting and selection tools/methods to filter candidates within schedule.
- Provide analytical and well documented recruiting reports to the rest of the team.
- Act as a point of contact and build influential candidate relationships during the selection process.
- Promote YMCA’s reputation as “best place to work/volunteer”.
- Adheres to all policies, guidelines, rules, and best practices as outlined by the Valley of the Sun YMCA or directed by supervisor.
- All other related duties as assigned.