To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
The individual should have a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year institution, as well as a minimum of 8 years experience in the Health and Wellness field or related areas.
Trained and well versed in Listen First, Support Change and Build Community Techniques would be desirable.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, business reports, and procedure manuals as necessary.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence and to speak effectively before members or employees of the Association and the public is required.
Bilingual ability is a significant asset.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to plan and implement long- and short-range projects.
- Oversee planning, development, and delivery of the Health and Wellness Programs and initiatives at branch and Association levels.
- Provide the leadership necessary to advance the organization's mission and is responsible for the development, instruction, retention, maintenance, and staffing of all health and wellness functions at the YMCA.
- Has a proven track record in starting and executing innovative wellness programming by staying current with the trends in this field.
- Integrate comprehensive health, wellness, and membership approach in all programs for children, youth, teens, adults, and special populations.
- Creates, develops, and maintains a personal training system that focuses on sales, revenue growth, and member retention that meets or exceeds revenue goals with quality certified personal trainers.
- Designs and implements the schedule of Group Exercise programming to serve the membership's best demographic, making format or instructor changes when necessary.
- Hire, train, supervise, and evaluate fitness floor staff, group exercise instructors, professional health and wellness staff, and volunteers as programs dictate and budget guidelines allow.
- Work harmoniously as a team member, ensuring equitable division of time and resources between all programs serving our members in this department and role modeling a flexible, adaptive mindset and a positive attitude.
- Ensure that schedules for programs and activities are planned and communicated in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintain the highest quality of staff through ongoing staff training and evaluations and timely follow-up and follow-up with employee relation issues.
- Assists in the planning and development of the annual departmental budget. Provide managerial oversight for all department budgets and ensure that the financial health of the YMCA is supported by appropriate decision-making.
- Work to ensure a risk-free environment, ie-caution regarding unsafe practices and conditions. Report accidents and injuries and complete incident reports.
- Manages daily operations of the Wellness Center, including scheduling, coverage, and program administration.
- Oversees the group exercise program, including scheduling, staff supervision, equipment management, and promotion.
- Time in direct service to members as a group exercise instructor, wellness coach, or personal trainer is required.
- Effectively utilizes Listen to First skills and relationship-building skills.
- Maintains current certifications and stays up to date with industry trends.
- Attends all professional staff meetings and keeps informed of all activities at the YMCA.
- Assists in all YMCA activities and special events as needed.
- Actively supports the YMCA Annual Campaign under the direction of the Operations Director and the Executive Director to include fundraising and special event planning and implementation.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Job Description may be changed at any time by the supervisor
- Oversee planning, development, and delivery of the Health and Wellness Programs and initiatives at the branch and Association levels.
- Provide support to other Health & Wellness department leaders in the Association.
- Provide oversight and delivery of Les Mills and Group Exercise throughout the Association.
- Act as a liaison with our partners at Les Mills, including:
- Les Mills launches, instructor training, CEC opportunities, TRP, instructor recruitment
- Personal Training: Provide oversight for the personal training program Association-wide to build revenue
- Special Initiatives: Support the outreach, recruitment, scheduling, and intake for any/all chronic disease programs.
- Advise all in the Association regarding Health & Wellness trends, policies, and best practices.
Certifications / Training:
- Nationally accredited Personal Training and Group Exercise Certification
- Group exercise certification
- Leadership Certification
- Listen First
- Child Abuse Prevention